My Trading Journal(dannydigitalFX)Journal Entry(2/14)-Gain Capital will pay up to $500 for each FXCM client

Hi Everyone,

It’s dannydigitalFX and I’m the developer of the QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee trading system here on C2 and welcome to “My Trading Journal”.

With the recent explosion of social trading platforms springing up all over the place, I wanted to see if it is possible to build a sustainable business as a SP on any of these sites? I will be sharing with you my story and my journey here in “My Trading Journal” as I set out on this quest. Please check back frequently for updated journal entries. A few important links are below.-Thank you

My system is completely FREE and has been since 2015 You may Find it here https://www.collective2.com/details/97645553

Full system description(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee) can be found here Free Since 2015(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee)

TGIF Report-Is a short summary of the trading results of the QuantFXOpen system for the week ending each Friday.You may find it here - TGIF Report -

While no system can guarantee risk-free or low-risk trading, and while unforeseen events can cause you to lose all your money, we do make an effort to control risk.

Journal Entry-Lack luster trading results.

So far my trading results have been lack luster as I’m hovering around the 4.7% area. I know I’m going to have to do allot better to attract long term subscribers. I recently added a new currency pair GBPUSD to the portfolio(way before the brexit mania started) so there has been some new volatility added to the portfolio and I’m looking to see the pair pay off now that it’s part of the overall portfolio(IS/OOS/ and Robustness test results looked good). On the other hand it will be interesting to see how the new implied volatility that the BREXIT has brought into the market will affect the portfolio(especially the GBPUSD). So far the volatility helped hit my Take Profit level on Friday to capture 297pips on the EURUSD pair(though I ended negative pips for the week see TFIF Report)but I invite volatility into the market it’s how big moves are captured especially when you have a nice risk/reward ratio on a pair your trading and your Take Profit is hit. Click here to see how I flip flopped from not wanting to trade the BREXIT to actually trading the BREXIT BREXIT Vote...Don’t get caught with no pants on!

Journal Entry- Done watching the EURO

No not the EURUSD but the Euro soccer matches for the today. It’s time to focus on building out the rest of the portfolio. As mentioned I recently added a new strategy and currency pair (GBPUSD). I’m excited to see the strategy implemented and the currency pair trading in the portfolio. I’m confident it will be an added value. So far I’ve got 2 different strategies trading in the portfolio one being a trend based strategy and yep you guessed it the other being a counter trend strategy. I have allot of work still to do as I have two more currency pairs to add to the portfolio and additional strategies but I need to create those strategies first. Creating strategies doesn’t happen over night, well a good one doesn’t. I’ll be working through out the rest of the day(yep almost all my Saturday’s are spent working on this trading portfolio QuantFXOpen) in the lab crunching away as I continue creating and putting the next strategies together. If for some reason you don’t know what the QuantFXOpen trading system is please click here Free Since 2015(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee) my tick data is ready I gotta Go!

Journal Entry-(6/28)Money management, adjusted lot sizes.

In creating this portfolio strategy the money management is set to risk a given % of equity per trade with a different % allocated for each individual pair. Unfortunately C2 has some limitations when it comes to lot sizes which doesn’t allow that money management strategy to be implemented with this portfolio. In attempts to match it up as best as possible I have adjusted the lot sizes manually for the pairs which also should provide a smoother ride going forward. In my opinion there was to much of a divergence between the lot sizes I currently had it set at which was causing a bit of drastic sharp moves in the portfolio as profits and looses were coming in. Well that’s enough for now, still working on next strategy for the portfolio. As I’m writing this theirs 1 open position in the portfolio which is up 87 pips. Hopefully we can keep on to those pips by the end of the week, which i’ll update you on Friday when I do my TGIF report for the week.

Autop copy for free…click below

While no system can guarantee risk-free or low-risk trading, and while unforeseen events can cause you to lose all your money, we do make an effort to control risk.

Trading Journal Entry-(7/7)Trade History Missing?

I find myself very frustrated this morning as I spent late last night with FXCM’s support help trying to find out where my trading history went on my MT4 account?? This is on a different trading account and has not affected the trading history account I use here on C2 as of yet. Which I will be posting a separate post here to C2 on the forum to get feed back as to if this were to happens then what happens to the trading history being reported here. FXCM explained to me that they are only keeping the most current 3 months of trade history available on MT4 and that If I want to see the remaining history that I can log into there proprietary trading platform and see it there. Well as you can imagine I was beyond pissed off. As I’m on this journey of becoming a successful SP I’m taking advantages of they many social trading platform sites out there. Joining other sites as a SP with more then half of your MT4 trading history gone just doesn’t work. Or better yet I’m on this one social trading site where there bridge publishes my trading history and now that FXCM erased more then half of it. I went from being in the green doing very well to being in the red overnight. Not because of any new bad trades but instead there bridge is only reporting 12 days of trading history and not the entire year as it’s been erased. I will reach out to FXCM again and see if the archived trading history can be restored. If not I will probably leave FXCM. I will also put a general posting on the forum to see if anyone else has run into this issue and what the feed back is.

Journal Entry 7/31/2016-Sunday thoughts

It’s been awhile since I posted anything in my journal which is not to say I’ve been off enjoying the good life vacationing somewhere, quite the opposite. Still hard at work putting the next strategy pair together for the portfolio. I’m running some tests as we speak, looking to improve certain areas of the strategy, re-running it with those improved areas and re-analyzing the data. I hope to add this new strategy by the end of next month. I’ve also decided to give the whole portfolio a face lift, yes more work I just piled on in my pursuit off perfection. So the current strategies in the portfolio that are currently trading will be getting a face lift. I added some more computing power which will allow me to work on multiple projects at the same time. I’m aggressively turning it up, as I want to complete the additional two strategies and give all the current strategies in the portfolio a face lift with in the next 60days. It’s an aggressive undertaking but I need to see this through personally and get the trading results I believe the portfolio can achieve. On another note I look to create a new high this week in the portfolio, be on the look out for next TGIF Report, hopefully the header will say “New High for QuantFXOpen portfolio” we’ll see, till then lets have a good week of Auto Copying my system and catch up with you later.

Journal Entry 01/08/2017-Where the hell have I been?

Happy New Years to all, It’s been a crazy bumpy road but I finally got the beta portfolio done. If you have been following my journal or my weekly TGIF Reports you would’ve read the frustration and hard work I was putting in to trying to create, develop and complete my first portfolio. I had to unplug for those last few months in 2016 and put some ridiculous hours in but I’m glad to finally have the beta portfolio complete. I should be more excited but I’m not as I have allot of ground to make up performance wise If I’m going to try and accomplish what I set out to do that I wrote about in my original first journal posting which can be found here My performance basically up to now can be disregarded as that was pre-beta which had allot of moving parts as I was figuring things out and trying to make my way through this entire process. Moving forward expect there to be allot of new trade activity. I will explain in upcoming posts under the system strategy page(see below)more about the portfolio, what pairs have been added, risk, turnover, what to expect ect… and yes the TGIF Report will be returning! If you don’t know what that is click here

Thank you for the those who have stuck with me through out this process. My way of showing appreciation and to Thank you is to keep the system Free for now.

Below are some helpful links to stay informed of the latest updates, important changes and weekly trading results .

My system is completely FREE and has been since 2015 You may Find it here

My Trading Journal-Follow me on my journey as I share my story and quest of becoming a SP here on C2. You may find it here

Full system description(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee) and important system strategy updates and changes can be found here

Yes that’s exactly what FXCM created just for you, a secret algo to trade against its clients on its so called No Dealing Desk. Don’t take my word for it read it for yourself from the CFTC, click here We now have how many options in the US for a retail Forex trader? Less options never brings upon better opportunity as there is less competitive competition with what’s left. If Gain Capital was next to close down it’s US operations what options would be left for a trader in the US who wants to open up a retail account in the US? Anyways something to think about as we all try and create our own way in the currency markets.

Still got allot of trading in the week ahead of ourselves which I will have the TGIF Report by the end of the week to fill you in with the details(click here) if you don’t now what the TGIF Report is). Till then capture those pips, keep your stop loss tight and don’t waiver from your trading strategy

dannydigitalFX

Below are some helpful links to stay informed of the latest updates, important changes and weekly trading results .

TGIF Report-Is a short summary of the trading results of the QuantFXOpen system for the week ending each Friday. You may find it here

Full system description(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee) and important system strategy updates and changes can be found here

Journal Entry 2/14/2017- What is there to GAIN by moving-I hate moving.

I just recently moved during the holidays to a nice condo on the lake(great view to trade from)and thought to myself what a pain in the ass that was. Now I will be moving again NO not from the condo I just moved into but from FXCM to well I’m not sure yet. My only two options in the US as it seems is GAIN and Oanda which I know very little about. I’m also trying to figure out when to make the move to have the least amount of trading disruption as possible as I finally got things up and running and am sitting at an all time equity high as of today. I can hear some rustling around in the room next door which means my Valentines Day is about to start. I have to run as I’m going to get sucked into a long day of romance(not by choice). Below is the latest news out of the FXCM shake up. This personally affects me as I use FXCM to generate the signals for this strategy. I’m personally following this situation very closely and will share any new news I’m able to uncover. Please see below.

cited from several news sources…

*"According to the latest filing of FXCM with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Gain Capital will pay up to $500 for each FXCM client. There, however, are a number of conditions. As per the agreement, Gain Capital will pay $500 for each account with at least one new trade made in the first 76 calendar days after the closing of the deal and $250 for an account that makes at least one new trade between day 77 and day 153.

The asset purchase agreement between FXCM and Gain Capital has been finalized earlier this week, but the closing of the transactions is pending regulatory approvals"*

TGIF Report-Is a short summary of the trading results of the QuantFXOpen system for the week ending each Friday. You may find it here