Dave's Goofiz ATM #S are wrong

There are more than 700 trades (open and close), go to check. Tell me how many were issued at 4PM?

Please answer my question: Buying at close and selling at open benefit my system? How many were lose trades? How many were gainning trades? Please figure out and tell me.

I would like to make a general observation and is not going to comment on Dave’s system.

The way I see it, his system is what it is. And the same goes for any other system. If you think it is not usable and don’t like the way it is trading, then simply don’t subscribe and look for a system you feel comfortable with. Before you subscribe to any system, look at the history of trades. Look at times of trades, look at position sizes and see if they make sense. For example, if a system trade 50 000 shares of a stock which only trade 20 000 for the whole day, just to make a 10 cent profit per share, you should not expect to get the same results in real trading. Don’t just look at returns, use common sense and if you don’t like what you see, move on to the next system.

Regards

- Fanus

Fanus, Thank-You for stating the obvious. His system is what it is… if one doesn’t like it they can move on…

I guess more than one person missed the point here.

Dave’s numbers he is advertising are WRONG, and they are misleading. It isn’t that one doesn’t like his system and moves along,… it is that one is unable to follow his system if he continuesw to give buy signals after the market has closed. Dave even thinks that because some of those were losing trades that it makes it okay for him to do this. It isn’t. And his numbers of winning trades and percentages are wrong and falsely advertising his system here. Thank-You.

I have to say I completely agree with Dave here (concerning Peter’s opinion). For all your talk Berdi I thought you actually were managing good systems. But all that logic from your philosophy classes doesn’t seem to be helping you much in the trading world. You have about 5 failure of a systems and 1 slightly profitable systems. I’m thinking you should probably look for a different profession…remember the old adage: "Those who can DO; those who can’t TEACH (or flap their mouth’s against their competitor’s vastly superior systems). If a subsciber were to get 1/10 of the performance of Dave Goofiz’s ATM, that would be inconcievably greater than what he could expect to recieve from at least 4/5 of your pathetic trading systems. Put up or shut up.

If you remove those trades initiate at 4PM, the sytem should look better.

Michael:

Please answer me 4 questions:

1. How many trades were made in this system? One buy to open and one sell to close are considered as two trades.

2. How many trades were issued at 16PM?

3. What’s the % for trades at 16PM over the total trades?

4. Overall does the trades issued at 16PM make money or lose money? Did these trades help to advertise the system?

I am chanllenging you in public. If you think you are a decent person, please answer my questions in public. Thank you very muh! ^_^.

Although I promised not to write more in this thread, but since Terrance was so kind and personally attacked me instead of dealing with the issue at hand, I take an exception, for the last time.

Let me take a wild guess Terrance, you are Republican! Or blonde! Or probably both! :slight_smile:

Blonde Republicans are famous for shooting the messenger, that was the logic behind my thinking. Again, my systems’ performance has nothing to do with the subject, so you would be kind if you could keep that in mind! Oh I forgot, you are a blonde Republican, so sorry, you can’t do that!

For the record, 2 months ago I had 2 systems in the top 12 and my 3 running systems are still in the green, one of them in the top 16 or so. On the other hand, Dave also has one blown system down a slight 80%. So our performances are comparable at least if I might so.

But you are right, I should probably teach instead of trade, so I charge you for this lesson a mere $100, because I always give 90% discount for blonde Republicans.

Now, if you don’t like my systems, fine, I didn’t ask you to subscribe to them. If Dave wants to treat his subscribers

as dirt, that is his prerogative, although bad advertisement.

Oh yes, Terrance, didn’t your parents teach you not to lie?

>You have about 5 failure of a systems and 1 slightly profitable systems.

If a system with 66% annual profit is slightly profitable for you, I want to smoke what you are smoking. The stock system was traded only for 3 months for the competition, and because nobody really competed, I didn’t feel the need for trading it. But again, this thread is not about me, so these are not important.

So get your facts straight, die your hair black and switch party affiliation! :slight_smile:

But my discount for teaching you will still apply! :slight_smile:

Fanfan

P.S.: Matt, I apologize that this thread got out of hand, but most people can’t handle the truth.

“Michael: I am chanllenging you in public. If you think you are a decent person, please answer my questions in public. Thank you very muh! ^_^.” Dave Liu

Okay Dave, this is obviously a game to you.You want to manipulate the facts to try and doge the issue. Here are MY real facts. Fact 1 is I read your system and liked the numbers because I thought they were real. Fact 2 is I signed up for your system’s free week last week, 8/8-8/12. In that time you issued 7 trades for me to buy or sell to open. Fact 3 is 6 out of 7 were traded by you on or after 1555, which gives even the folks with ITM little time to act. That is 86% of your trades Mr. Dave. 3 of those were traded by you right at the closing bell, wich is 43% Mr. Dave. At least 43% of your trades could not have been humanly possible to make? And trades you make with one minute or two to go are pretty much the same. We cannot make those trades. You seeing it yet? All I originally asked you was to help me figure out how I can use your system. Those impossible trades should not be part of your advertised numbers wether they help or hurt you. No one could have made them.

Now Mr. Dave, Mr. decent guy, can you admit that or are you going to continue this ridiculousness? Your numbers are wrong. Now right here, in public as you put it, show us you are a man with some sense. And we should close this thread after that. Are you a man? Thank You very muh.

Subject: Timing and business hours

Date: 7/12/2005

Hello Dave,

yesterday you issued a buy order for XWG which reached me at 16:03 New York local time. I’m trading via InteractiveBrokers and only at the exchange, and I assume that some other clients of yours do the same. Your message reached us to late to react and we will either have to buy at market price or let this trade go. What do you recommend?

For clients like me it would be quite beneficial if you could manage to issue orders like this a few minutes before the day closes at the exchange.

Subject: Trade signal rejected after exchange hours

Posted by: Sascha Mantscheff

Date: 7/13/2005

Hi Dave,

yesterday the buy signal for ERS was rejected by InteractiveBrokers because it arrived 15 secs after business hours. Again. If possible and reasonable please place your orders a few minutes before 16:00 New York time. Thank you.

Subject: Dave’s Goofiz ATM #S are wrong

"Michael: I am chanllenging you in public. If you think you are a decent person, please answer my questions in public. Thank you very muh! ^_^." Dave Liu

Do you see the problem yet sir? HELLO?

I want you do answer the question over the history of this sytem, not the perioid you signed up for free. Don’t mislead people.