Futures Strategies Bias

There seems to be a weird bias for futures strategies on here.

Has anyone else noticed that some new strategies that are futures focused somehow have paid subscribers with high fees and a limited track record?

Collective2?

1 Like

@NextLevelTrader, futures strategies have always been popular because futures strategies tend to need less margin and have greater volatility in those products. ie. To trade a 1 micro ES you need only $40 but you can still make $40 in 1 day. The return would be 100%

The reverse can happen and they lose the 100% so thats why they tend to be high return and high loss strategies.

1 Like

Without portfolio margin or intraday margin benefits 1 micro ES is at least $1000 capital requirements. I understand the attractiveness investors can have towards futures because of the SPAN margin benefits. I don’t understand why so many are willing to jump on board so early in a futures strategy before seeing how it plays out over a good amount of time and market conditions.

Yes…$1000 is for interactive brokers overnite margin correct but other brokers will provide less margin. ( I won’t mention any brokers as this can be considered as 3rd party advertising )

Notice many of the futures strategies are not TOS traded which means they are not traded with their own money. Also, many strategies have backtested results using historical data but past performance is not always indicative of future performance as we have heard many times as disclaimers.