The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

More subs using e-mini or micro?

I’d like your opinion on what would get better relationship subscribers/money: a strategy trading standard e-mini or a strategy trading micro e-mini?

Let’s say that the return is the same on both cases, around 30%, being the leverage something in between 2 or 3. Are there more people in C2 with $60,000 to invest for one contract, or are there more people to invest $6,000 for one e-micro contract?

A subscriber with $6,000 to invest will not want to pay $100 for a strategy, something around $10 would be more reasonable. But then the trader would need 10 times more subscribers.

So, what’s more probable/reasonable; get 20 subscribers paying $100 and investing $60,000 or 200 subscribers paying $10 and investing $6,000? Or something in between?

If you trade e-micros people can scale up/down as they please. Probably makes more sense.
Charge whatever you like.

Focus less on fees and more on having a good system/track record. The money will always follow if you have that, regardless of what you charge.

3 Likes

I understand that it is needed to focus on having a good trading. But I don’t think that is true that the money will follow, regardless of price.

If the majority of the people in C2 invest (for example) around $10,000, it doesn’t make sense to make a strategy that cost $100. I’d need to make a strategy that cost $20 to get more subs, I guess. Also, with micro e-mini people with more money would need to scale too much, and would be less cost effective for them.

I think that there should be a “sweet spot” of the relationship between the type of people here, and the strategy cost.

Admin - what will C2 charge for the commission for the micro contract??

thanks

Back to C2 Platform