The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Swing trading strategy

Dear Valued Investor,

This is a simple swing trading strategy. Maximum risk per trade <4% of account balance.

Happy trading.

Hi all,

How does the C2 Score work and how it help Investor?

Thank you.

There are some Investors ask me about my trading strategy, so I post it here in case anyone want to know as well:

Q: Hi …can you tell me a little more about your strategy? Like have you traded it live before and how long have you been trading with it?
A: This strategy has been testing, live trading for years in various market environments. It’s a swing trading and following the trend and this is the latest and the best version. I do trade live but in and out time to time because the old version is not very good one.

Q: What is the maximum number of lots total you would ever have at one time?
A: The maximum number of lots total is not fixed. It depends on the size of pips stop loss. If risk 1% ($100/10k):
SL 10 pips = 10 lots.
SL 100 pips = 1 lot.

• Please note that: I manage risk based on the recent of account balance (my starting capital was 10k and now it’s 15k “+50% Cumul. Return”). So you may choose to “rescale” your trading account. This means you will adjust the hypothetical amount of capital in your trading account.

Q: The maximum combined total risk of all open positions in % of account capital that you would choose to risk.
A: The Max risk of all open positions is 5% at any given time. Max risk now is 8.7% (This number assumes typical broker commissions and fees are included in strategy performance).

I’ll do my best to reduce the risk. My plan is control the Max risk <10% (NO broker commissions and fees are included).

Q: Max leverage allowed for US trader is 50:1 and don’t want to get anywhere close to that.
A: For forex, C2 allows only 33:1 leverage.

Q: Is it possible to trade it manually? that is can I just take the signals and trade it without having it automated?
A: Sure, you can manually trade. It’s a swing trading, NOT a scalp trading. You may look at the “Frequency”:

• Avg Position Time (mins): 1257.70
  • Avg Position Time (hrs): 20.96
  • Avg Trade Length: 0.9 days

Don’t hesitate to comment below if you require any further information.

Happy trading.

Q: Today’s closed trades are 1 lot each which hasn’t happened except 2 times at the start in January. Have you chosen to trade fewer lots or did you choose to assign larger stop for these trades resulting in fewer lots?

A: This strategy has been testing, live trading for years in various market environments. It’s a swing trading and following the trend and this is the latest and the best version. It depends on the market moving, I will decide when to choose to trade a large lot or choose to place a larger stop loss for small lot size.

Don’t hesitate to comment below if you require any further information.

Happy trading.

Dear Investor,

Because of the unexpected DD in March and April (*) -12.6% - NO broker commissions and fees are included.

Free

From now on. I will reduce the trading risk by maximum 1% of one trade and the maximum risk of all open positions is 3% of the account balance at any given time.

Happy and safe trading.
Swing Trader

(*) The main reason of unexpected DD in March and April caused by a bad broker FXCM: BIG problem on C2 AutoTrade Platform. So, please don’t subscribe my strategy if you are trading at FXCM.

Back to C2 Platform