The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Adding a second drawdown metric to the C2 track record

Hi Matthew,

In another thread you wrote : “This is not how regulators calculate drawdown. They don’t care if you’re playing with “house money” or not – that’s not material. They measure (and thus C2 calculates) the maximum peak-to-valley drawdown, regardless of whether it is “paid for” with “profits” that have been gained through the use of the strategy.”

As far as subscribers and regulations are concerned, I couldn’t agree more.

However, it would be useful if we could also see the “real” out-of-pocket drawdown of C2 systems, in other words the maximum drawdown but from the initial starting capital.

This second metric would certainly answer an important question: How much out-of-the-pocket money I would have lost had I followed this highly profitable C2 system from day one, regardless of its current maximum peak-to-valley drawdown?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

1 Like
Back to C2 Platform