OANDA will no longer support trading via the Collective 2 platform

Got below mail from OANDA

OANDA will no longer support trading via the Collective 2 platform as of Wednesday, May 4th, 2022 . If you currently have an OANDA account which is connected to the Collective 2 platform, your current positions will be managed by your existing strategy but after May 4th, 2022, closing trades only will be accepted, no new positions will be opened.

Important information:

• If you wish to manually exit positions, please use the Collective 2 platform.
  • You will not be able to open a new position with our fxTrade Web, desktop or mobile app on your C2 Collective sub accounts. If you wish to trade your own account, please use a non-C2 designated sub account and access our trading platforms via the web, desktop or mobile app.
  • Please ensure all positions are closed in your C2 sub account before July 5th. Positions that are still open after July 5th will be closed.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact our customer support team at frontdesk@oanda.com

Kind regards,
The OANDA Team

2 Likes

What other platforms are supported for Forex trading for US Citizens thru C2?

Hi Ynrao24:

For US customers the only Forex broker left is TradePro, according to this list:

This Oanda thing is going to create lots of problems for US Forex Trade Leaders.

1 Like

If I try to open TradePro Forex account its pointing to Oanda only

For some reason these 2 brokers seem to be connected, not sure why.

Yes, so we don’t have any other option left for US customers

That seems to be the case unfortunately, even though you can still enter the C2 trading signals manually (no autotrading) and bypass the Oanda restrictions.

I just spoke with tradePro, they are still supporting collective2.

for forex trading???

1 Like

Yes, they offered to help with the transfer from Oanda.

3 Likes

Well, that’s good to know, thanks for the info.

1 Like

can you please share more details on this

When I try to open the account its routing to Oanda website from below URL

https://tradeprofutures.com/open-an-account/

I have clicked on “Open an Account Online” Under Open a FOREX Account

What Terence is probably saying is that you need to contact/phone them directly, and they will do the transfer for you.

1 Like

I contacted TradePro and this is what I heard back, I’ve emailed Trey, sharing here if helpful!

[TradePro Chat] "Hello, we were blind sided by this as well and we are looking for an alternative solution. Please email me your contact information and we will let you know when we have a solution:

Trey@tradeprofutures.com

Please include phone number as well. We are an introducing broker for multiple clearing firms and one of them is OANDA. We are working with some other FX clearing firms to see if we can come up with a solution for US customers."

2 Likes

Thank you for this update Sir.

1 Like

Thxs… Sent mail to Trey

2 Likes

Today I received a message from my subscriber. Trey contacted me today, he said that C2 and Forex com have an agreed relationship replacing Oanda and that they are building out the API now.

1 Like

In general, according to the current situation. No panic. Let’s find an alternative solution, an alternative option. I’m sure he will. It is the matter of time. Be patient.

Good news, thanks ARK.