Opinion for susbcriber fee

I’d greatly appreciate some feedback from both subscribers and developers as to the maximum monthly fee (either in advance or pay-if-profitable) you would pay for a system trading one silver futures contract a day, never holding overnight, with the following stats. Any explanation or additional color behind your answer is also helpful.

If you wouldn’t subscribe to the system (regardless of the reason) or you think it’s worth little or nothing, then please don’t respond. Serious replies only. Thanks for your participation.

Trades 307

# Profitable 188 (61.4%)

# Months tracked 14

Profitable months 12 (85.7%)

Avg trade duration 3.0 hours

Average win $1,232

Average loss $618

Profit factor 3.5:1

Max peak-to-valley drawdown (historical) 9.3%

Sharpe ratio 4.132

Keep after worst-case slippage 100.0%

Started $50,000

Total System Equity $147,000

My guesstimate is that if you keep the monthly fee between $300 and $400 you could attract the most subscribers and generate the most income.

However, it would be hard to get any subscribers until you have established a verifiable track record.

Thanks Karl for your reply.

It’s certainly a hurdle to effectively start creating a new track record for a system that’s already got one (albeit not on C2).

Any logic behind the price range?

William,

I would not look it as a hurdle. Think of it as one of the costs of doing business on this site.

Every vendor has had to build a new track record here and probably most have thought that they have a nice historic record they would like to bring forward to C2.

William,

You might check out the grid here on C2. You can use specific criteria that are close to your own system, then look at the subscription fees that are currently being charged here on C2.

It takes time for a subscriber base to build up. Also, my concern with silver is that it is in a bull market, and I don’t know how the system would do if the market corrects.

Anyway, I would say you could start it at $ 100 per month, and see how it goes.

I did not say that the verifiable track record has to be from C2, any other reputable tracking site would do or even better, if you have traded it in your own account, a copy of your broker’s statement posted on your web site.

Would you subscribe to a system based on unverfied claims by the vendor?

Hi,

I would say start at $100 to build sub base first and then raise the price later. If the system keep making money for subscribers, then who would leave a profitable system, despite price increases? It would not be a problem to charge high fee if the system performs consistently. Clients always look at their bottom line at the end of every month and if the cash flow is positive after commission + fee, then they will stay with the system. Good luck

Anh Nguyen