What kind of systems do customers prefer?

Hey there,

I’m a first time system developer, and I have a question for developers with more than one system:

Do you have more subscribers to your systems that have high returns, but also have high volatility and high drawdowns, or do you have more subscribers to systems with smaller returns, but also less volatility & smaller drawdowns? I’m trying to decide which type of systems to build.

Thanks!

-Russell

Hi Russell,

My personal experience here is that my higher return system attracts more interest than the other two. My guess is that that’s the experience of other vendors too.

Dean.

High returns with low volatility is what is desired which is why so many jump on young lucky systems.

(A smooth, upward moving equity curve will bring in subscribers.)

Hmm, I guess my thought would be, what’s the minimum required “high” return that would make customers subscribe - 15%?

Well, although most ordinary people (the proverbial “man in the street”) would see 15% per year as a very good return, that hardly gets a glance at C2. So yes, about 15% would be the minimum I guess. And then you’d be competing against systems seemingly delivering 15% per month, so it takes a long time to get any interest.

The lower the % the longer it will take to gain attention. 15% may take time. Many people here want to free themselves. 50% or higher with a good equity curve will gain attention.

If you have a system returning a 50% consistantly not sure why you would be talking to us, not running a hedge fund. You would be one of the greatest traders of all time. I wouldn’t focus on what people “want” but focus on what you do well. Create best system you can, that you trade yourself people can do with it what they want. If it consistantly makes money subscribers will follow.

Gerald Peters

Daily Income

Hi,

As an investor, I’m looking for a mix of systems: High return, high risk + stable low return, low risk. Examples of high return systems are FTD, EFI_30, Stock swing trader. Stable systems such as Isonomy Turbo (40% annual, 10% historical draw down), s&p etf timer (39% annal, 14% draw down). My strategy is that for high return, after gaining 100%, I would take out the principle and continue trading at 100% after that will compound at the rate of 25% from the profit. For low return systems I will compound at 100%. What I hope for is all systems will do well and if high return systems crash, I would have retain some of its profit by compound only 15 %. Hopefull all low stable return systems will continue to compound so that I will have an overall balanced portfolios. Hopefully this strategy will work out.

Gerald you said, If you have a system returning a 50% consistently you would be one of the greatest traders of all time.

So you agree with me this will gain attention here at C2.

It’s a good idea to take principle out after 100% return. This is what I did when I trade option. The problem is it’s not easy for me to get 100% return.

O I am sure if your knocking out 50% returns consistently it would gain attention here and world wide. Lot of systems can do it on single trade or even in back testing few if any can do it in real time with real money moving forward. But hey, if someone figures it out I for one am all ears.

Let me know I will be your biggest fan happily subsscribe.

Being consistent at something that takes time to show results is one of the hardest parts of being human. I am long distance runner I’ve found many compairsions to trading. Both crazy hard but payout is amazing if you can just be consistent no matter what else is going on around you.

Happy Trading

Gerald Peters

This is not about me this is about what subscribers are looking for in general, naturally there will be exceptions. As an added note, volatility even with great returns will likely scare most subscribers away. A somewhat smooth equity curve is the most important followed by % return, the higher the % return the quicker subscribers will take notice.

“Consistency no matter what else is going on around you.”

This is one of the beauties of trading, it is a perfect measure of our state of mind.

Q.q. how do you find my system then on C2? Is it worth continuing?

What subscribers think it is worth based on past performance?

Any system that makes it onto one of the hot lists and has a smooth equity curve will get plenty of attention. For stocks or futures it only needs to make 3% in the last 90 days, along with some other things, to qualify for the list.