+122% in 4 months....but nobody seems interested

Do C2 “Futures Trading” strategies actually get subscribers? TradeDetector has yet to get 1 subscriber. Also, this strategy can’t seem to get a high ranking, yet the Sharp Ratio is 2.88, the Sortino ratio is +.9 and the Alpha is +5, and a 5.9 profit factor (all outstanding numbers) and the real number that counts is that the strategy is up +128% in 4 months!!! I’m not sure C2’s ranking algo is working or that there are any real subscribers on C2. I’m thinking maybe C2 is not the place to promote this Futures Trading strategy.

I would surmise people are dissuaded by the large drawdown and the use of a Martingale strategy (adding to losing positions). Those typically are red flags for systems here.

3 Likes

VG2 yes i agree max DD is too high, and if martin gale is used with adding to losing positions then thats an extra big redflag. Also average leverage is a bit high and the max leverage is way too high.

3 Likes

Hmmm! According to C2, reaching the max drawdown is only 20% probability. So, don’t really see the crazy risk. Especially in a futures trading strategy. Higher risk is the nature of the beast in futures. Higher risk = higher reward and we don’t see 20% probability in reaching max drawdown a very high risk as it relates to futures trading. Yes, we do add to a small strategic position on very few trades that are fundamental in nature. But those trades represent a very small % of the trades. This is a Futures trading strategy, meant to risk a small % (5 >10%) of someone’s overall investment portfolio, hoping to gain a large return on a very small investment. I guess the investors on this platform just don’t want such a system. We risk a little bit more (on a very small % of overall portfolio), but we really show the huge returns. That’s the whole point of investing in futures, right? Less invested, more risk, greater returns.

Too many systems with that level of risk have crashed and burned here, after fabulous starts like yours. In this bear market, there is more of a wait-and-see attitude even with strategies that have far less risk.

I know it’s disappointing, sorry.

2 Likes

@QuickTrader, if you get TOS certified I think you may eventually get some subs. TOS means that you will have to link your own account with the system. Not many traders have the balls to trade a martingale using their own money thats why not many subs are interested.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t follow Martin Gale even if the strategy was TOS and for free.

3 Likes

Looks like a classic textbook martingale strategy.

And yes, most investors on C2 think that a less risky and more stable strategy (with lower DD) is preferable; since we invest our real hard earned money.… (or maybe this is just my opinion).
Good luck.

3 Likes

That trade you highlight is a trade strategy based purely on market fundamentals (not technical). Fundamental trades can take time to work. So, by design, the fundamental trade position begins with a small position. In this case 1 micro mini contract. Beginning with a small position, allows room to grow the size of the position (within the risk parameters of the strategy) by adding micro contracts up to a max point in position size for the trade and risk of the trade. Martingale just keeps adding…our fundamental trade strategy does not. You will notice that those types of fundamental trades are not that frequent. Most of our trades are indeed technical. All trades use a stop formula based on all current open trades. I understand that most traders like less risky trading styles. Our strategy is not meant for those folks. Our strategy is for large investor portfolios, investing a small percentage of their entire portfolio, into a futures trading strategy with an aggressive approach towards achieving very high returns. We have created our strategy as aggressive with the potential for very high returns. But we also feel that our aggressive strategy is really not as risky as one would expect for a futures trading strategy. Over the entirety of a large portfolio, the risk is really very low relative to the potential return on investment. The 40% DD you refer to is based only on the $ amount that is set by C2 for this strategy. But if our strategy is applied to only a small % of ones entire portfolio, the DD % is extremely low over the entirety of the portfolio, but the large return has a sizeable impact on the entirety of the portfolio. Our strategy is meant to add to the diversification of risk with the potential of sharply higher returns, utilizing a small % investment, of a larger portfolio.

Maybe there are no such “large portfolio” investors on this platform?

You had a 40% DD in only 4 months, and no TOS.

That simple. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

One thing, maybe increase starting account size to better suit the trades, this will reduce drawdowns and act like the “large investor” you mentioned. Though your return of +122% will go down, the drawdown will go down this way. (though you’d have to start over to do this)

1 Like

Good Idea. Starting a larger account would do everything he needs.

1 Like

If I were planing to subscribe a strategy, I need to the following homework.

1. is the strategy with a drawback I am acceptable?
    Your case, 40%, totally not
  2. the largest leveraged used.
    In your case, more then 10… Terrible level.
  3. Is the guys use him really money for the strategy
  4. how about the skewness of the strategy?
  5. Reasonable p&L or not?

After reivew you strategy, I would not like to subscribe it even if it is free at the moment. If you can continues this for years stablely, I would take into consideration. Otherwise I will not spend even one buck on such high leverved strategy.

Just my opinion for your reference.

2 Likes

Who cares if the drawdown was 40% if the returns are over 3x. Risk to reward my boy

If you had a 40% drawdown within the first 4 months, and you aren’t TOS, I don’t care how great your returns are. The risk of blowup is too high.
If you’re going to run that risky you have to have skin in the game. TOS.

Good luck if you want to take the plunge.

2 Likes

No risk no rari my boy

Given your recent performance it’s a good thing more people weren’t interested in your strategy.

5 Likes

How we doing here? That 3x saving you now? :rofl:

Oh my!! Hard to believe anyone would be interested given that chart. Perhaps you should tweak a few items (LEVERAGE)!