Trading Strategy "FUTURES CME-NYMEX"

Hi
my name is Alex, I am 44 years old, I live in Belarus.
I only trade Futures since 2012.
My achievements in tournaments:
25/07/2019 - Prizewinner of the tournament of traders in the Liberty Market Investment prop-trading company (3rd place, nickname Barell)

table

https://youtu.be/kkYhaqz4KG8

13/08/2019 - Winner of the traders’ tournament in the Liberty Market Investment prop-trading company (1st place, nickname Barell)

table

https://youtu.be/A_j6Q42fmoU

My style is active intraday trading.
Traded instrument: Futures E-MINI S&P 500, MINI DOW, CRUDE OIL, Gold .
Maximum drawdown per trade: - 300. The maximum daily drawdown - 1000.
The number number of contracts in a trade: 1-3
Entry into the trade: in one contract, then gradual addition.
Number of trades per day: 1-20
Transaction duration: from several minutes to several hours.
Transfer of positions during the night: not possible, trading only during the day
Transaction opening direction: with a short-term trend
Trading time - European and the beginning of the American session

1 Like

I wish I was your broker! He definitely loves you. Number of trades is max 20 you wrote but you traded 27 times today.

Thanks for the comment
The main thing is that my subscribers love my trading results

The main thing is that you keep the rules that you have actually set yourself. Which didn’t happen yet after a very short period.

2 Likes

model reversal after false breakdown
Do you want to take this with me?
follow me

Do I want to follow you?
I would not follow anyone who solely cherrypicks winning trades in screenshots and thereby implies in a misleading manner that losses are not a natural part of any trading system.

1 Like

There is also a losing trade in the screenshot
no defeats no victories
no loss no win
I recommend doing first started simulation and wait 2-3 months

2 Likes

I have a lot of losing trades
but I strive for low drawdown in every trade
need to cut losses quickly and early
outstripping losses and averaging - the path to big loss

1 Like

You have now a 1-week track record here. I will have a look in 6 months if it still exists.

Report March 2020
Traded instruments: futures.
Total profit: 8,616 (+15.7%).
Best trade: 1,859.
Worst Trade: -468.
Max drawdown in trade: -430
All trades are inside the day.
The number of traded contracts is 1, sometimes the addition is 1 more.

“Strategy Manager C2 Score Workbench
Collective2’s Quant Team is continually analyzing strategy performance. We try to determine which statistical factors, if any, are predictive of future strategy performance. We use a proprietary scoring algorithm to assign a numerical score to every strategy offered on the C2 Platform. We call this the C2 Score. We then rank strategies by C2 Score.”

The current ranking for strategy FUTURES CME-NYMEX is #281 (Age Strategy 77 Days).
For a higher position in the ranking, the system only needs time (120 days).
This means that money management options are relatively among the best.
I will be glad to see you among the subscribers.

Steady profits after almost 700 trades, very reasonable drawdown (overall and after each completed trade), no evidence of averaging down or martingale, not bad at all Alexey.

Most C2 users usually wait until a strategy is at least 3 to 6 month old before subscribing. In my opinion the number of trades is much, MUCH more important than the “age” of a C2 system.

Why?

Because some systems trade very infrequently and may generate, say, 6 trades in a year (or even less). The problem is that it is almost impossible to judge a system after only 6 trades or less, no matter how good the drawdown and the ROI are. Mathematically and statistically, we need at least 30 trades in order to draw any meaningful conclusion about any system.

More importantly, a good ROI and drawdown after a lot of trades is a sure sign that a trading system has indeed a mathematical edge (assuming there are no averaging down and martingal-ing activities). A large number of trades will also increase our confidence that its profitability was not due to chance.

So while the age of a C2 system is important, the number of trades is even more important.

1 Like

Isn’t the massive run up in leverage during any drawdown a clear indication of "averaging down and martingal-ing activities?

1 Like

Absolutely not, like I said in a previous post, the true definition of leverage is NOT value of the position divided by trading capital.

The REAL risk is always your stop, and only your stop (in % of capital).

There are tons of C2 systems with “low” leverage but huge drawdown after each completed trade.

And there are C2 systems with “high” leverage but very small drawdown after each closed trade.

Nothing against that C2 leverage metric but it does not tell the whole story, far from it.

I am not trying to pick on you but I honestly think you should reconsider your measures of risk. Stop losses are a HUGE help I agree, but how can you tell a stop loss is being used on each trade?

I would be interested to see a comparison of max drawdowns of systems with leverage under 3 and over 7. I doubt there are many strategies with leverage always under 3 that have drawdowns worse than 50%. I bet with larger than 7 you have plenty. For example, I would have always called Just Forex Trades high risk. However, using your metrics you wouldn’t have called it high risk.

I think the grid would have too much survivor ship bias to give us what we need to really test that though.

I did a research on the Leader Board C2 systems. I took the first 30 systems (it’s time consuming to check them all) and noticed that 60% of them did use leverage that exceeds 10, on some of their trades. The maximum C2 leverage used was 27.88 for one of the top ranked C2 strategy (again I only checked 30 systems).

Now draw your own conclusions about the value of this metric as a measure of risk.

That said I agree with you about the survivor bias.

I noticed most of your trade days are within your -$1,000 daily limit and most drawdowns are less than 1.5% - in fact, most are less than 1%. Nicely done.

Can you explain these trades and why the drawdown percentages and dollar amounts were so high?

1. Drawdown of 6.05% in this trade is a technical error c2.
    I reported this to the support team.
    There was a series of short deals, no drawdowns.

2. These were 3 trades at one time.
    Profit on one trade covered losses on another.
    But it was a terrible case. He ruined all the statistics forever. I wanted to stop trading on a strategy because of this case. But I decided to continue. Now I always remember this when I look at my statistics. After that, I do not allow a drawdown in trading above about $ 1000.

3. The first month of trading on c2. I wanted to trade only for profit. I could not close the deal at a small loss. But I was able to prevent a stronger drawdown.

4. The first trades in the strategy on c2. I have not yet realized the whole psychological complexity of public trading.

It is better to let such drawdowns be in the first month of trading than in the last.
But I can’t say that I am the perfect trader.
Sometimes I go hugging the market.
But sometimes the market does not want to be friends with me.
There are different situations, but I see that my trades are bearing fruit.

1 Like

Alexey,

Thanks for your insightful and comprehensive reply - you took each trade and explained the scenario surrounding the transaction. I especially appreciate that, rather than try to mislead or explain away a bad trade, you simply acknowledge a mistake (specifically, trade #2) and how you intend to avoid it in the future.

None of us are!

Haaaaa!!
Best of luck and much success to you going forward!

I invite all my subscribers to my channel in the Telegram messenger.