BREXIT Vote...Don't get caught with no pants on!

Traders be careful going into the BREXIT vote check with your broker for increased Margin Requirements prior to. You don’t want to get caught when the tide goes out with nothing on. In my opinion the risks out way the potential rewards and I myself might be shutting down the terminal that day.

Please don’t forget my system is completely FREE and has been since 2015 You may Find it here https://www.collective2.com/details/97645553 .

Full description can be found here Free Since 2015(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee)

1 Like

I’ve just heard some forex accts have just seen 4x increases in margin reqt’s due to Brexit day (and day after).

A lot of brokers are applying 5-10% margins so best to avoid - spreads will be all over the place…

I agree, for this one it’s best to be on the sidelines and watch how things unfold. I’m sure they’ll be plenty of people who try and trade through it(pigs get slaughtered)which there’ll be plenty of collateral damage when the dust settles.

autocopy for free

I’m hearing the same thing that communication is going out from brokers now that they’re rapidly increasing there margin requirements.

autocopy for free

At least one of my brokers is raising margin for GBP pairs about 30%.

I love watching charts when econ numbers come out. The Brexit finale is like the Superbowl of trading this year. I’m going to have at least one GBP trade open and watch its chart on the one minute time frame for the most exciting effect. I won’t risk too much and I won’t react to the news, I’ll just watch.

1 Like

The 1 minute chart is going to light up! I’m going to be watching the charts too but with no positions on. Be careful though, I’m afraid broker platforms won’t be able to handle the volatility, freeze up, miss quote or just have technical problems not closing out stop losses ect. You plan on trading a few micro lots?

autocopy for free click below

GBPUSD gaps at the open Sunday 110pips from Friday’s close and ends the day up 211pips from today’s open. Market is trying to price the BREXIT as some of the polls are showing them staying.

So after careful consideration I will keep the terminal on with my system running throughout the rest of the week during the BREXIT Vote. My system is non discretionary and trades fully automatic. There’s no human emotion involved and the system still would have to generate a signal that day for a trade to be executed. I have a few trade and risk management features set in place:

• If the initial Money Management fails for whatever reason it will default to a lot size of minimal value.
  • I have a slippage filter which will decline a trade once a signal is given if the slippage increases by “x” amount
  • I have 3rd party software running on a VPS which monitors the equity per strategy and as “All” with warnings and a Disaster Close per individual strategy and as “All” if the Max DD% hits “X” amount.

The system currently trades two pairs with additional pairs in the creation process. No other way to test the systems durability and effectiveness then to let it trade during extreme market conditions. With that being said check with your broker as allot of them are initiating there margin requirements starting tomorrow and like always while no system can guarantee risk-free or low-risk trading, and while unforeseen events can cause you to lose all your money, we do make an effort to control risk.

As wild as it seemed live watching it unfold on the charts and watching the voting results come in live, it was pretty calm from an emotional standpoint as my system is fully automatic. It was also very systematic because they way my system trades I was half in and half out of the market while the vote was going on, not over exposing myself during the vote. I can say deciding to keep the terminal on was the right thing to do from a trading standpoint and from a system developer standpoint, a great confidence boost to see the system trade through the vote. All in all I was able to net 297 pips today, completely hands free and emotional free. With that being said, it’s time to get some sleep and see if any new signals are generated tomorrow as we deal with the aftermath. While no system can guarantee risk-free or low-risk trading, and while unforeseen events can cause you to lose all your money, we do make an effort to control risk.

Please don’t forget my system is completely FREE and has been since 2015 You may Find it here https://www.collective2.com/details/97645553 .

Full system description(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee) can be found here Free Since 2015(QuantFXOpen No Sub Fee)

Micah how did it go for you trading during the brexit

Hi Dan,

I couldn’t get a confident read on the vote so I didn’t trade it. I wanted to, but it’s a good thing I didn’t because I would have lost. All my signals were pointing up for GBP and I did not expect a Brexit.

On another note, I chatted with someone I know in Britain, and they and their family are happy with the result. Personally, I’m not sure whether the pros outweigh the cons.

Hi Micah,

Fortunately my signal was for a down trend as the original uptrend signal was declined(I was glad it filtered it out on the higher time frame) I’m not sure either about the pros of the vote. They’ll will be an immediate pay cut for the citizens in the sense there economy will instantly suffer, weakening currency, tougher trade deals to line up, businesses less able to hire in the immediate as growth slow down, no true leadership as the PM is resigning and so on. I think time will tell but it could be a long hard road ahead before I think the pay off is seen.

1 Like

Did you get in trade that day

me? Actually I don’t trade forex, but I had seen the warnings from posts on a blog I frequent. I used QID to short the market and added a gold stock, all before Thursdays close

Nice pre BREXIT strategy, I’m sure it payed off well for you