C2 Win Percentage Stat

I understand that in the interest of protecting themselves from dispirited subscribers, C2’s statistics algorithms are formulated in such a way that would seem to deliberately penalize system developers. The algorithms will always aim to display the worst possible outcomes when subscribing to a system as this guards them from any accusations that they have mislead the subscribers. However - when it comes to win percentage, I believe the systems/system developers are unfairly represented where C2 factors in open trades into the win%… which means open trades are taken into account with profit factor, “Winners:” and “Losers:”, average win and average loss. If anything, C2 should display a closed trade win%, which is truly what matters because open trades have neither won nor lost. I sincerely believe I have lost a lot of interest because of this - where subscribers have visited my page, found that I have “finally” succumbed to the inevitable fate of most promising systems and see that I have lost some “7 trades”, only for those trades to later close in a profit.

Please, I am urging C2 to at least display a closed trade win%, and at least find new wind in subscriber enthusiasm.

In a nutshell: C2 tells potential subscribers that I have lost trades when I have not - this is misleading and simply not fair. Come on, C2, help me help you.

I think C2 counts only closed trades in calculations of win%.

No, they include open trades, for sure. I witness it every day.

I think it’s fair to include the current trade by its current value. Subscribers will actually have a negative trade in their portfolio if they were trading it, regardless if it later turns positive.

Also It’s a non-issue for a system that has been around for a while and has a decent number of closed trades. Systems with too few closed trades probably should be avoided anyway, just for not having enough history yet.

4 Likes

C2 includes both open and closed operations in its statistics.