Question on C2 and strategies

Matthew…I am am curious how C2 would treat the following potential trade strategy.

I noticed if you add to a position through C2, the trade is treated as part of a single open set. Suppose one took a 1 contract short at YM 11,000 and then added another contract short at 11,100. Then 1 contract was closed at 11,050 and a new one added back at 11,100 again.

Is the closed contract in this case not counted in win/loss statistics until the entire set is closed?

Now supposed the remaining 2 open contracts are closed at 11,010. Basically, this closes 1 contract at 50 point profit, 1 at 90 point profit and the original at 10 point loss out of the 3 total in this set. Do C2 statistics count this as one trade series with an overall win?

I am curious as to how C2 treats a complex situation like this in the stats.

We treat that as a single multi-legged trade. Obviously, regardless of whether or not you treat that as 3 little trades, or one big one, your account will look exactly the same when all is done.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, the account will look the same regardless. I was just curious as to how each leg is treated in terms of wins and losses individually. So basically, if one opens a trade and then opens and closes another 20 contracts on 20 different trades without ever closing the original, it is still all treated as one trade set until the last one is fully closed.

This might be something to put in FAQS for clarification.