The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

C2Star Certification Program - Webinar

Every trader has his/her own stress-levels. But, if we were forced to come up with a number, I think a reasonable amount is 10%, below which most intelligent traders/investors would start to look a little deeper (without throwing in the towel), but above 10% and serious reservations begin to surface.
If 10% is implemented in the c2-Star program, along with the other rules in sync, then I for one would definitely be a part of that universe (3, possibly 4 new strategies).

I agree with the 10% draw down proposed by traderLab.

I also will state again that it shouldn’t be a rolling 60 day period to beat the S&P 500 by 1% (plus the $125 subscription fee). It should be fixed at the first of the month, not a rolling period. The reason is that after the first 60 days goes by, you never really know where you stand, without going back exactly 60 days prior to see how each and every day the S&P 500 performed on the 60th prior day.

By fixing it as of the first of the month, every trade leader would know where they stand and it’s represented right on the performance chart. When someone first starts, you can begin the performance calculation on the 1st of the next month after the start date.

Jim

Back to C2 Platform