Doubleday Trend Spotting

Today’s New Trades

STO 4 @NQU6 +$360

BTO 2 HUQ6 +$1680

STO 3 DJU6 +$2130

BTO 3 CLQ6 +$1350

At least if you are going to plagiarize someone else’s work, you can be a little more careful!!! Matthew, you really are without scruples, aren’t you?

It is amazing that your system happens to exactly use the exact same structure, indicators and order as another site. There is nothing new here.

Does this look familiar?

Composite Indicator – Signal –

– Strength –

– Direction –

Trend Spotter ™

Hold Falling

Short Term Indicators

7 Day Average Directional Indicator

Buy Minimum Strengthening

10 - 8 Day Moving Average Hilo Channel

Buy Weak Strongest

20 Day Moving Average vs Price

Buy Average Strongest

20 - 50 Day MACD Oscillator

Sell Minimum Strongest

20 Day Bollinger Bands

Buy Minimum Strongest

Short Term Indicators Average: 60% - Buy

Medium Term Indicators

40 Day Commodity Channel Index

Hold Bullish

50 Day Moving Average vs Price

Buy Weak Strongest

20 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator

Sell Weak Weakest

50 Day Parabolic Time/Price

Buy Average Strongest

Medium Term Indicators Average: 25% - Buy

Long Term Indicators

60 Day Commodity Channel Index

Hold Bullish

100 Day Moving Average vs Price

Sell Minimum Weakest

50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator

Sell Average Weakest

Long Term Indicators Average: 67% - Sell

Overall Average: 16% - Buy

I repeat, stay far, far away from this vendor. I am staying on him, because he keeps generating ways to deceive the C2 community.

and why are you still advertising your systems here on the general forums when Matthew Klein made it clear this was not appropriate?

Ross,

Please state for the record that you are accusing me of plagiarism.

I have communicated with Matthew about this privately.

Ross, by the way, is the inventor of seasonality. Also seasons and, according to some sources, even stocks. Ross’s pioneering efforts led directly to the creation of the end of the month. Without him, every month might have only 28 days. It is even rumored that Ross collaborated with Al Gore in the creation of the Internet.

li·bel

noun (plural li·bels)

Definition:

1. defamation: a false and malicious published statement that damages somebody’s reputation. Libel can include pictures and any other representations that have public or permanent form.

2. attacking of somebody’s reputation: the making of false and damaging statements about somebody

3. written statement: the plaintiff’s written statement in a case under admiralty law or in an ecclesiastical court

You are taking someone else’s work and presenting that as your own. The site where it originates is not yours. You do not even bother to give credit to them. Even if you did, you are not allowed to resell others work (as system signals), even when THEIRS IS FREE.

The segment I extracted came from that website. Yours is identical except for slight rewording. Although the indicators are public domain, the packaging and presentation of them in this particular way on their site is THEIR work. And any work published on the web is automatically extended copyright.

And since we are exchanging definitions:

Plagiarism is the passing off of another person’s work as if it were one’s own, by claiming credit for something that was actually done by someone else. Deliberate plagiarism is an attempt to claim another person’s work as one’s own, usually by removing tell-tale evidence or changing words so the plagiarism is made harder to spot.

And may I also point out your first sentence of your system description (which will probably be reworded), where the use of “proprietary” is a phrase generally used by the OWNERS of the published materials. Quoting (you): “System uses the proprietary Trend Spotting indicator to set up trades”.

Your attempts to obfuscate what you did are irrelevant.

I state for the record your constant attempts to mislead, misuse and deceive the C2 community. Again: fake reviews, multiple fake IDs, faked page views, plagiarized system content, and misuse of the general forum to advertise your system (now twice, even after MK said it was inappropriate)

Rather than sell systems, you should sell a booklet "All possible ways to cheat the Collective2 website:

How come your replies regarding your continuing deceptions are usually veiled threats (as some of your private messages and this one were to me), denials, distractions and similar?

How about explaining how publishing something as yours which has been taken from someone else’s protected, published work, is actually OK?

the making of false and damaging statements about somebody

Show me what I have said that is false. Statements that are true are not defensible as damaging

Ross,

Since you think I have plagiarized from the public domain, you should have no problem predicting my trades, correct? I propose a test. Predict my trades for one month. If you can predict them with 80% accuracy, I will withdraw all of my systems. I will leave collective2, not to return. However, if you cannot predict the signals with 80% accuracy, you admit you were wrong about plagiarism and agree to refrain from further comments about my systems or me. I agree to not use the results of your trade predictions as evidence against you should I choose to pursue legal options. Seems fair to me…what does everyone think?

Doubleday Trend Spotting:

BTO 477 CCU6 1706 7/7/06 9:43 STC 477 1720 7/13/06 10:17

How is this not a margin call?

Sam,

Great question. This position was calculated to be just under the margin amount, as a home run trade with a very tight stop loss. However, based on subscriber feedback, I have decided to limit future trades to a maximum of about 3% of total margin available, per position. Thanks for your question.

> Doubleday Trend Spotting:

BTO 477 CCU6 1706 7/7/06 9:43 STC 477 1720 7/13/06 10:17

How is this not a margin call?

Realism Factor 39.0

RF should be ZERO. This trade would be margined out

before it occurred in the real world.

Sam,

I’m not sure I agree with that. At any rate, I have made the necessary adjustments, so perhaps it is a moot point. Thanks for your feedback.

Matthew Graham "system":

System uses the proprietary Trend Spotting indicator to set up trades. In addition to a composite indicator, this system incorporates the following trading signals to set up trades:

Short Term Indicators

20 Day Bollinger Bands

Medium Term Indicators

Long Term Indicators

System plagiarized from

Composite Indicator – Signal – -- Strength – -- Direction –

Trend Spotter ™

Hold Falling

Short Term Indicators

Buy Minimum Strengthening

Buy Weak Strongest

Buy Average Strongest

Sell Minimum Strongest

20 Day Bollinger Bands

Buy Minimum Strongest

Short Term Indicators Average: 60% - Buy

Medium Term Indicators

Hold Bullish

Buy Weak Strongest

Sell Weak Weakest

Buy Average Strongest

Medium Term Indicators Average: 25% - Buy

Long Term Indicators

Hold Bullish

Sell Minimum Weakest

Sell Average Weakest

Long Term Indicators Average: 67% - Sell

Overall Average: 16% - Buy

Who are you to propose a test? >:( That is like someone holding up banks and when caught he says "Tell you what, let me go. If you can predict which bank I hit next with 80% accuracy, I will give myself up!"

Why should anyone admit being wrong about plagiarism? The basis of your system is IDENTICAL to the one you took it from. It fit the previously posted definition of Plagiarism to the letter.

Your continuing distractions continue to avoid the issues

Actually Ross, it’s not. But if you think so, I’m sure you can back it up, right?

OK Ross, let’s use past trades instead. What is the algorithm behind the trades?

What do you show for Cocoa margin?

Actually Ross, it’s not. But if you think so, I’m sure you can back it up, right?

oh, now I am convinced. You use precisely the same thing as the other website. But since you say they are different, then that makes all the difference. My mistake…

NOT

All you have done is removed their numbers.

Can’t you do any better than empty responses???

Ross,

Still not correct. We use the same indicators as a framework, and I use that framework as the underpinning of my methodology, which incorporates additional indicators. Still waiting on that algorithm.