How much is 1 lot of forex?

Forex lots: Is it $10,000 or $100,000?

In 100k accounts ( this is common account name in forex) lot =100k. Usuall leverage is 100:1 meaning, controlling 100k lot with 1k

In mini accounts it is 10k

Hani

Thanks Hani,

I didn’t explain well. I am trying to figure out how much is 1 when I enter it to buy or sell forex on this site (for my system).

$10,000

-Matthew

Is this correct, every other broker uses 1 lot = $100k of currency ? Why the difference ? This will explain why my strategy is only showing 1/10th the profit it is supposed to.

What happens when the signals are issued to customers, if they trade 1 lot = $100k rather than $10k as on C2 then they are incurring 10 times the risk the signal provider intended.

1 forex lot on C2 is 10,000 currency units

This is described in numerous places on the site, including the order-entry help screens and the FAQ. All C2 autotrading is based on this quantity as well. No one accidentally trades 100,000 units, thinking they will trade 10,000.

Andrew, I understand you are frustrated. You didn’t know that entering “Buy 1” at C2 means “Buy 10,000 currency units.” I apologize the site wasn’t clear enough about this. And it’s definitely good feedback that perhaps we should make new system developers even more aware of this.

But may I suggest that perhaps the best thing to do is to just move forward? You’ve complained about this issue several times now. You entered a few trades into your system, and you thought you were trading larger quantities than you actually did on C2. So the profits you hoped for were actually 1/10th what you hoped.

But life goes on. Entering a few trades at a smaller quantity than you hoped is not the biggest disaster that can befall a trader. So while I regret the lot size wasn’t very obvious, I’m going to ask that we both continue forward as best we can. I hope you will continue to use the site.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. The problem has probably arisen because I haven’t used the manual order entry screens but only the MetaTrader EA. I don’t recall reading about the unusual lot size in the MetaTrader manual PDF file so it would probably be worth making it clear in there particularly with respect to the lot multiplier.

Anyway, I’ve recreated my system and paid the listing fee so I’m hoping that I will have no further problems.

Have you considered having a much longer free period or much reduced listing fee for new listings ? The reason being is that they are unlikely to have any paid subscribers during the first few months whilst they are building a track record so the fee is a bit of a sunk cost for system developers until they actually attract any subscribers.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Matt,

In NinjaTrader forex is managed in units, not in lots.

Hence, for 1 full lot I would put 100,000 units in NinjaTrader.

Could you confirm that if I send a NinjaTrader signal of 10,000 units in C2 would execute $10,000?

Thanks!