How to trade with fractional lot size

Hi,

I am using MT4 to general fx order but I understand collective 2 only can accept integer lot size, i.e. 1,2,3…and my system general fractional lot size, e.g. 0.08 or 0.13 lot (mini account). What should I do?

[LINKSYSTEM_43465536]

Increase your C2 Model Account size accordingly.

If you are accustomed to trading .01 lots in a $1,000 dollar brokerage account, then just set up your C2 Model Account so that you have $100,000 in it, rather than $1,000, and then trade full integer lots (e.g. 1,2,3, etc).

Remember that when your subscribers AutoTrade your system, you will be essentially be issuing instructions on a percentage-of-capital basis, anyway. Some people will choose to trade your system with lots of capital, some with little; some will implicitly use high leverage in their account, some will use low leverage. As a system vendor, you don’t necessarily control how people apply your signals into their real brokerage accounts and thus don’t really specify whether to trade .01 lot or 1 lot or 100 lots. You are instead issuing signals that tell C2 AutoTrading how large to make signals relative to capital deployed.

Your goal at C2 is to manage your C2 Model Account so that it is profitable and doesn’t exceed the risk parameters that you want to follow.

you will be essentially be issuing instructions on a percentage-of-capital basis…

Hi Matthew, Is that valid only for forex??

In re-reading my post, I see that my comment was a bit unclear. I only meant to say that you should manage your C2 Account based on the amount of capital nominally in that C2 Account. The quantity that an individual subscriber will actually trade in his real-life autotrading brokerage account will be determined by C2 AutoTrading technology (based on that user’s personal preferences, of course).

In other words, don’t worry about what size is actually traded in any given user’s real-life brokerage account. Just focus on managing your C2 Model Account, issuing your instructions based on that Model Account 's size.

And yes, this applies to all instruments, including forex, stocks, futures, and options.