List stop price in table

Matthew,

Would it be possible to list the stop price along side the purchase price in the portfolio table? It would be good to be able to see which plays have a breakeven stop and which don’t.

Thanks,

Declan

bump

Well, the problem is that the tables are so darn big already. It is possible to drill down into each trade to see whether they were stops or not. But it sounds like you want to be able to see everything in one glance. Would you also want to see limits specified in the table, along with stops?

I am looking for a listed stop price in the ‘Open position’ table only - not for the closed trades as by then it doesn’t matter. One could convert the “Close” column of the ‘Open position’ table to a “Stop” column. As it stands now the “Close” column is redundant given it defaults to ‘0’. To have the “Target” price would be useful too - but if I had to choose between them I would prefer the “Stop” price.

Thanks,

Declan

Declan,

I was surprised that you ask this only for the open positions. Is your problem that you don’t remember the trade signals? You can have them sent by e-mail. If this was not your problem, then why would it be relevant for open trades but not for closed trades?

Jules

Hi Jules,

I am only interested in seeing the stop price for current (open) positions. It’s for reference only.

The stop price for closed positions doesn’t matter because the trade has been completed. I should add - this is for the subscriber access tables, not the table seen by non-subscribers.

Declan

Declan

I am probably misunderstanding your request, but if you are a subscriber, you can already see the current open postions and active orders, which include the current stop price, when you look at a system.

Showing the stop order at another place seems redundant to me, but I do not have strong feelings about this either way.

Regards

- Fanus

Hi Fanus

I assume you mean in the “Recent Trade Signals Entered” section you can see target and stop prices, but in the table headed “Position tables” there is room to list a ‘stop price’ in place of the redundant ‘close price’. The row of '0’s looks out of place when there is no closing price (because the trade is still open).

Maybe I am seeing things!

:slight_smile:

Declan

Hi Declan

If we are looking at the same Close column, this isn’t the close price. This show the number of contracts, or shares closed. If you open a position with 2 contracts and close one of them, then there will be a 1 under the Close column.

Regards

- Fanus

Ahhh… okay. I only trade shares and close out the entire position - so I don’t see partial close information.

Thanks,

Declan