Margin Requirements

Hi,

How does Collective2 determine margin requirements? How do I find out if a stock is marginable? Lets say I want to find out if the stock XYZ is marginable and what the initial margin is. Where can I look up this information?

Cheers,

BJ

Don’t trade stocks, but isn’t your amount of margin somewhat depend on the broker?

Hi Index,

Thanks for your answer. The reason I am asking is that I received a margin call last Thursday for my system [LINKSYSTEM_38514834]. As my trading record shows the positions for STX, WYNN and MRVL have been closed automatically by C2 on 8/6/09 14:09. The margin call email said "Your account equity is currently: ($36,156)". I think this is very unlikely, since I am not highly leveraged and none of my stocks had a major drawdown. I did not place any trades since Thursday and today my cash is $54,160 and my Buy Power is $66,687. In my opinion, there should not have been a margin call on Thursday. I already sent a bug report. I hope this gets fixed or somebody can enlighten me with what happened on Thursday.

Cheers,

BJ

BJ - Looking into this and hope to have it resolved before the end of the night. - MK