Matthew: Hot Systems Link Problem

Matthew,

Now that [LINKSYSTEM_31524388] is 60 days old, it’s nice to see it debut at number 4 on the Forex Hot Systems list. Of course it’s still early days, so the challenge is to stay there.

Unfortunately, when I click on any of the charts in the list the link simply takes one to the top of the same systems list page (ie: to the top of the Hot Forex Systems page rather than to the system page related to that chart). I’m using Firefox, but don’t imagine that would make a difference.

This comment applies to the preview version.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Murray

"the link simply takes one to the top of the same systems list page (ie: to the top of the Hot Forex Systems page rather than to the system page related to that chart)."

When I click on the same one (Internet Explorer, old C2), Best Systems —> Forex, it goes properly to the system page…

From FF, I suggest you try clearing out everything - all your internet temp files (including offline), your browsing history, (cannot remember which menu item - Tools–>something???), and restart FF. Otherwise, consider another browser.

Murray,

The beta site suffers from myriad problems of a similar nature. The functionality works fine in Firefox on the old (production) site. To get to the old site, when you go to www.collective2.com to log in, there is a dark grey link towards the top of the splash page that reads “Use old C2 instead?” You might consider using the old site exclusively, as the preview/beta site is largely broken and hasn’t made much progress since its inception in the summer.

"(Internet Explorer, old C2)"

Yes, it works on old C2 - even with FF as the browser. I knew that and it’s why I wrote:

“This comment applies to the preview version” in my original post. I don’t think this is a browser problem, but if the preview version works OK on IE that would suggest otherwise. When I mouse over the charts in the preview version, the link that shows up in the bottom navigation bar is clearly wrong, so I strongly suspect a coding issue that Matthew would need to resolve.

Well, it seems I simply didn’t wait long enough - clicking the chart link does briefly return to the top of the Hot Systems page, before re-directing to the relevant system page for that chart.

Maybe the server was responding slowly the first time I tried it as I thought I had waited a reasonable time. Anyway, it’s not really a problem with coding - just be aware that at times you may need to wait a while before the re-direct takes place.

Thanks to Matt Vella for his email response.

Murray