New max position sizes in place!

If you are a strategy manager here on C2, if you go to your “Maximum Position Sizes” page, you will see increase size limits. I hope you will be pleased.

Please keep in mind that we may need to reduce some or all of these limits if regulators tell us that Collective2 signals are potentially disrupting markets.

But, for now, this may help.

Matthew

Can you please explain based on what the position size limit?

Is that based on AUM or number of subscriber or any other parameter?
I didn’t see any information based on what the size limit.

It is based on the trading volume of each contract at the exchange; and, on C2, the number of subscribers and the amount of capital deployed via autotrading.

7 contracts for me, really? I need this to be like +100 or something

@MatthewKlein is the permanent solution being discussed still?

i’ll continue trading my account and see what pops up as signals through C2. I’m just afraid that the signals will stop at some level and subs get stuck on bad positions

The maximum is 7 contracts for your strategy model account. This is the # of contracts your strategy Model can open. Your subscribers will in aggregate open many more contracts than this.

I hope you understand.

1 Like

Nope. The limits affect only opening or increasing of positions.

What’s the formula for this max size? for MES and ES for example

i know you said it’s factoring in contract at the exchange; and, on C2, the number of subscribers and the amount of capital deployed via autotrading.

if you share that formula with the managers, it will help us to know what maximum subscriber is ideal for the type of trading they do, instead of just checking this link to see what’s available

Unfortunately I won’t be able to go into further details. But I think you should be off to a good start with the revised position limits.

Good luck trading.

MK

7 contracts for model account would not work for me, cause i trade based on scaling and work around avg position. Even with ES at 14 contracts (which i’m not ready to switch over to yet) is barely workable.

Starting to feel like my way of trading is not suitable now. It’s unfortunate since I was really just taking off in performance.

The only other option is to end this current strategy, start a new strategy, just trade 1 contract and limit the number of subs and jack up the subscription fee. Subs can adjust their size on their end.

It sucks on my end cause i wont be making any decent money from my own account trading 1 mes contract per position.

You write:

7 contracts for model account would not work for me, cause i trade based on scaling and work around avg position. Even with ES at 14 contracts (which i’m not ready to switch over to yet) is barely workable.

Sounds like you are basically averaging down as trades move against you, waiting for a reversal, i.e. a Martingale? In which case, I would much rather you start a new strategy that “just trades 1 contract” as you propose. Sounds like a statistically better outcome for subscribers.

1 Like

well it’s not “martingale”. it’s scaling. I reverse my positions when the time is right But i’ll think about this solution. Thanks anyway.

I can confirm my systems can work now normally. (Although limits for my system looks a bit too much relaxed(!), but I must admit I never really looked at those numbers prior to this issue)

Thanks for the quick resolution

@MatthewKlein , Does the C2 API provide an endpoint for checking positionLimits? Thanks

Ah, no. But that’s a great idea. Let me see what I can do.

1 Like

great, that would help in mitigating issues beforehand. ( if you can also let us know a specific time at which position limits are set daily , that would be even better)

Does the capital depends on real portfolio size of the account or scaling (Strategy )? For example I’m subscribe for a strategy which the portfolio is 250,000$ but my portfolio account is only 90,000$ Will I affect his position limits?

No, the size of the Model Account has no direct bearing on position limits. Regulatory position size limits are based on the magnitude of capital following your strategy, not the strategy’s model size.

Hi,

Are the stock and Forex markets also included in these limitations?

Thanks.

No these instruments are not included

1 Like