New Possible C2 Charging Solutions?

@MatthewKlein

In C2, all subscribers need to pay a fixed subscription fee. I think it creates the following problems:

1. Subscribers don’t know whether the strategy will perform well in the future, but they have to pay subscription fee because this is the only way for them to follow the strategy.

2. Some subscribers may invest lots of money while only paying USD 100. It may not be fair to traders.

Why don’t C2 just create new charging solutions:

1. Performance Fee%. If the subscribers invest 50K USD, we receive a fixed performance fee% monthly or yearly. If the strategy doesn’t make money, 0 performance fee.

2. Management fee%. If the subscribers invest 50K USD, we receive a fixed management fee% monthly or yearly.

3. Hybrid. Mix of the aforementioned charging solutions.

So basically you want to turn Collective2 into a mutual fund.

1 Like

Traders here sell signals and don’t manage the money.

2 Likes

This is not permitted in the U.S.

Yes. C2 wants to replace the entire hedge-fund industry, so I think some features should be provided. BTW, Matthew just answered, “This is not permitted in the U.S”, so this topic ends.

Would it be permitted if you only had Registered Investment Advisors publishing? If so I would love a second website that made that possible. Basically have C2 remain open to any trade leaders and have a second website that was only for registered advisors.

There was at one point a website that did that I believe, but it was bought out and I think shut down.

2 Likes

?
Does ScoutAlpha still exists? - C2 - Collective2

No it does not currently. But I hope to bring some modified form of it back, in the future.

1 Like

@MatthewKlein Is it possible to rollout subscription fee based on number of contract similar to striker model?

1 Like

Yes. That was Covestor. Later bought out by IB.