Open E Cry - Gen3 Forex?

Open E Cry now offers Forex trading. Will C2 offer Gen3 autotrading for OEC Forex?

The interface is ready, we’re just waiting for OEC to sign up.

Francis,

Can you please tell me what the advantage would be to forex trade with OEC since it is only an introducing broker to Gain Capital and one would have to separately establish and fund an account with Gain Capital?

Would the C2 affiliate Trade Integration then charge an additional fee for forex trades as it does for futures trade by any chance?

We charge an autotrading fee to the broker. They are free to charge whatever they want.

At this time we don’t support Gain directly but we expect to do so fairly soon.

On C2’s Overview page Gain Capital, besides FXCM and IFX is listed as a Gen3 forex broker…

I already have an OEC account and don’t want to open another account exclusively for Fx.

That is the whole point I am making: If you want to trade forex through OEC you have to open and fund an account with Gain Capital.

Where is the advantage? Francis or Matthew can you please address that.

We are broker agnostic so I have no opinion to give on the advantage of one broker versus another. I also have no idea if a OEC client needs to fill out Gain paperwork. I would assume the account belongs to OEC and Gain only acts as the clearing broker.

OEC FX accounts are traded through OEC technology: we do not connect to Gain directly for those accounts and it means OEC can choose another clearing firm in the future.

Gain demo is available at BulldogFX. We’re just waiting for them to wrap a few things up before go live. We connect directly to Gain for that one.