Options Trading System at C2

For trade systems using options, C2 is not very user friendly, in particular concerning options spreads. My system depends on combinations of vertical and horizontal spreads, and everytime I need to open or close a position, it takes a lot of time without saying all possible mistakes in individual manipulations. Current C2 system requires opening each long and short position, one by one.

It would be great if C2 could use any options trading platform allowing trading iron condors, butterflies, calendar spreads as one only position.

Thank you.

Fab,

I agree. I can see that your attempt to work a system on c2 that might make money elsewhere in options, did not do well. What I did to overcome the limitations was, in July I changed the strategy. I went to a very straight forward strategy of buying a calls. This has worked well. The challenge is that one needs to use market timing for this.

Regards

Ron

You probably need to look at using the API to send signals. That would probably help you a lot.

The API will allow you to place the leg orders in quicker succession than doing it in the manual trade entry screen. But you will still not be able to enter multi-leg trades as one order.

I also trade option spreads sometimes and have had to enter the legs separately in order to go via C2. Matthew wrote an explanation of why C2 does not support multi-leg orders in the following forum thread:

http://collective2.com/cgi-perl/board.mpl?want=listmsgs&threadhilite=7767&boardid=9323885

If the link above does not work, remove any spaces and try again - these links seem to get corrupted when posted here. If it is still doesn’t work, do a search for “Entering Spreads or Condors” with “All terms” selected.

Dean.