Showing returns after commissions and fees

“TJ was talking about system fees, not broker commissions. Broker commissions are already available in both the statistics and the equity cuve”

- Index, a quick two clarifications. 1) broker commissions in the stats and equity curve are only shown if you click on all 5,000 systems individually, a cumbersome task to compare all systems and 2) I was actually hoping that C2 could subtract out both broker commissions and membership fees. First priority however, are the broker commissions because we can better value a system’s fee structure with this data. Ideally though, we would all be able to sort systems on a post-fee basis, i.e. less all fees. (Please note, there are other fees to consider such as margin interest rates, short term tax losses versus the long S&P500 benchmark - if I was truly anal, I would ask for these too).

I would still argue that broker commissions could easily be the most important. For example look at Defiant. It appears very successful until commissions, but if you could find cheaper commissions that what C2 shows, which I am pretty sure you can, then it might be very successful as a system. I think for futures what C2 uses is reasonable.

C