Signals from Oanda to C2 program?

Has anyone come across a program that will send signals from Oanda to C2?

If not, is there any programmers who would be taking up such a project?

OandaFreak,

Ed

Signals from Oanda?

Are you creating a sort-of "expert advisor" on the Oanda platform?

Hi Duncan,

No, i am not asking for a EA to be programmed on Oanda…

But rather just have a program where whenever i enter,exit or modify a trade in Oanda…it gets reflected in my C2 system cos it sends signals to Oanda.

Basically, its becuase i am lazy to having to enter my trade twice…once in Oanda and one in C2.

Thanks for hearing and considering…(of if you are able to program EA for Oanda…then that will be another wonderful story! :slight_smile: )

rgds,

ed

I’m also wondering if this has been made possible by anyone and by which program? Oanda sure does have a very flexible and honest platform.

You can use C2 's signal entry API which basically relay the signal in the url body. You can do this with C++, Java or VB from the Oanda side.

If there are enough people using Oanda on C2, you may be able to get C2 to write a relay program much like C2Tray for Tradestation.

Hi Duncan,

I use EFXgroup MBTrading as one of my brokers…since you asked about Oanda’s “Expert-Advisor” sort of…

Would you or any programmers in this forum able to program an “expert advisor” for EFXgroup(under MBTrading) for me to autotrade my current trading system?

Best still, if this signals could also be sent to C2.

Look forward to your reply or anyone out there who is able to take up this project. Thanks.

Ed

I believe TradeBullet supports EFX. If so, then you can use TradeBullet to AutoTrade. Double-check at www.tradebullet.com.

thanks…will check it out

Hi Matt,

Is it possible to write a relay program C2Tray for EFXgroup?

thx,

ed

>>ProTrader Louc wrote:“You can use C2 's signal entry API which basically relay the signal in the url body. You can do this with C++, Java or VB from the Oanda side.

If there are enough people using Oanda on C2, you may be able to get C2 to write a relay program much like C2Tray for Tradestation.”

Again, I’m not sure what you want.

C2Tray takes a tradestation system – i.e. signals generated by TradeStation – and pipes them into C2.

In contrast, it sounds like you want to take trades from a C2 system, and have them traded in an EFX account. That can be done with TradeBullet.

If I am misunderstanding what you want, let me know.

What i meant then is> can C2Tray takes signals generated by sources other than Tradestation…and pipe them into C2.

Can C2tray take signals from EFX and pipe them into a C2 system? No, not currently. However I can tell you this: that C2Tray works by “intercepting” TradeStation’s attempts to send emails to the customer. In other words, TradeStation has an option in which the user of TradeStation can tell TradeStation to send an email whenever there’s an order to buy or sell or whatever.

If EFX (or whatever program you are using) has a similar feature, and the email formats are fairly stable and predictable, then we may be able to write a plug-in adapter for C2tray which does what you want.

The first step would be to make sure EFX has an email-sending feature. And if it does, the next step is to gather examples of all the email formats it can send. And then, finally, we can examine whether such a project is feasible.

I understand now…

Thanks for explaining.

I believe EFX or its IntelliChart has such email sending functions.

I will definitely keep you posted about my finds.

One more question, since C2Tray works by "intercepting" the emails sent…will there be any noticable "lag" in trade executions?

Were there any complains so far for Tradestation/C2Tray users?

Rgds,

Ed

By “intercept emails” I mean simply that C2Tray pretends to be an SMTP server. It captures TradeStation’s attempt to send an email, and then c2tray forwards the information within the email directly to C2 (without using emails to deliver to C2; the connection is direct to C2 and via http).

Thus any latency introduced is minimal.