Time based entry point triggers

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for the cheapest way to set up the following automated system. This can apply to any future, stock or FX pair.

I want the system to record the price at a particular time eg lets say the DOW is 11,565 at exactly 11.00am. Then I want a trade to be opened long at say 5 points above this price or short at 5 points below this price, with the first order cancelling the other when it is filled.

Once a trade has started I then want stop loss and limit orders in relation to this price. So using the above example, lets say the DOW went 5 points down and a bought a short future contract at 11,560, I might want a stop loss at 11,580 and a limit order (for profit) at 11,540.

Any suggestions?

Jim

Have a look at the signal entry api, this is what I will be using for my systems. Then you could set this up in your preferred programming language.

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the swift response. I’ve had a look at the signal entry API and can see 2 operations that would be relevent - one order cancels another and open trade at open market (although I’d really like open market +15 mins where back testing data is more reliable.

I think leaning the script is going to be beyond me but am happy to share my idea with you, if you have the time to automate it!

Jim

I’ve send you a private message but in general I’d love to discuss any ideas you have for automated trading.