Which 5 systems Would you Choose?

My current 5 will be: % of my total account balance. Then scale accordingly to the strategy trading balance.

20%

10%

40%

10%

20%

2 Likes

I am not sure VolatilityTrader is a good system at all, most of his trades (closed after the 2/05 crash) generated <$500 avg for the risks of losing $10-15K each…assuming the market did not recover before the naked options expiration dates. Personally, I am not convinced that Risk/Reward ratio = 20-30 : 1 makes VolatilityTrader a good system for C2 subs.

I get it. It’s volatile for sure. That’s why I only allocate high risk money to it. I’m sure you are not the only one who think that way. Most strategy sub bails after a drawdown after a major drawdown, then reflect on the strategy hindsight or after the fact.

Just look at how many people on the forum is salty about xiv. But for the last 3 years, everyone was calling it the “sure thing” now they call out every xiv strategy “ they should have saw it coming? Everyone else did”

Most of my strategy I pick I just want them to do what they said they will do. I usually willing to stick thru ups and down with each strategy as long as they are still doing what they promise to do. I only un-subscribe 2 strategy last 12 month. Don’t worry and Simplicity Trading. Not because of drawdown, but because core value of them had changed then I expected when I subscribed.

1 Like

I just recently started using the simulate feature, and I am going to cheat a little bit with the post topic and show the 6 strategies I chose. Basically I went for long track records that I thought were not over leveraged.

1 Like

10% meaning you would scale “A Strategy for YM” 10%? Is it even possible to scale YM 10% since he starts with 3-4 contracts?

Sorry 10% of my account balance. Not scaling 10%. My bad.

I have to qualify the above statement. For systems like this it is better not do have any stops in place but if you are concerned about a particular overnight or weekend risk it is better to close out the positions and wait for an opportune time to get in again. This is what I did yesterday because of the long weekend, I closed out all my long futures positions. Another reason for this was that my favorite volatility trader, David Juday, just before the close, entered a long volatility position, a small one, but nevertheless indicated his concern.

A good example why not to add stops to this system is the situation which took place from 2/5 to 2/6. There was a huge downspike in the premarket hours of 2/6. If you had any stops in place you probably would have been stopped out at the very bottom since in such a fast moving market the stops are meaningless and you probably would have missed much of the rebound which often follows such events. The system handled it very well and so did it for the following drawdown on 2/8.

@KarlA
Can “A strategy for YM” be followed with only 1-2 contracts max?

One of the reasons I am invested with C2
is that I don’t want to supervise 5 strategy developers all the time and close the positions myself manually.

Can “A strategy for YM” be followed with only 1-2 contracts max?

Sure, why not?

You would have to try it out yourself, maybe in a simulated account, but it would be a completely different system and I don’t think you can expect the same returns. If you think you don’t have enough capital I would suggest his stock trading system and please don’t ask me how much capital would be required, I do not want to give any advice, however, the reason many subs fail is because they are overleveraged, that is they don’t have enough capital for the systems they are trading and I was guilty of that myself, when the market keeps going up and up and all systems seem to make money it is easy to fall into this trap.