Who are you guys?

Interesting topic a issue I have to deal with at this very moment. Because of market internals that are in such extreme low readings one of the internals in my SMA IWM signal is distorted. So I wrote my subscribers a message and posted in my SMA forum. Explaining what I plan on doing and why.

Some of the suggestions on this topic indicate integrity could and should be regulated into the C2 system. Can’t be done. Instilling integrity at the expense of freedom will give us little of either.

Rick Haines

[LINKSYSTEM_29668147]

I know how some people work on this. It becomes a special C2 feature. That is, on down the road, Matt might want to store vendors programs on c2’s servers, so that they work precisely with C2 data. That would be a very big step, but it’s already available in the API’s and through programs like NinjaTrader and Tradestation.

I would love to “pay” c2 to store my system here. It’s a question of what Matt wants to do. Like with Tradestation, at the instiutional level they will store an easylanguage program on their own servers, then trade it for you. That capability is not without merit. I know from my backtest on Superbands over ten years of data, some in the time period and used, and five years out, how it would do, and I’d be comfortable with it.

Anyone with a successful system would generally be loath to turn over the system, its logic or anything else to a third party. One of the things that people at pro firms complain about, is that they will find people trying to read over their shoulders, or others even digging their discarded documents out of the trash trying to discern their logic. Like StrategyRunner - just give your system to us and we will - yea, right…

Of course, if the system is so good that no one can be trusted with it, I would think it would be so good that having subscribers would be the vendor’s last concern. Arranging for the Brink’s truck to pick up the gold bars would be primary concern. Of course, that issue is a topic all its own…

Which, by the way TJ, I apologize for inadvertently starting this whole thread within your thread…

Haha no problem. That always happens here.

"if the system is so good that no one can be trusted with it, I would think it would be so good that having subscribers would be the vendor’s last concern."

Depends. But my point is, if you spend years finding an edge or two, I wouldn’t trust the logic to anyone! Getting subs who don’t have the logic is not such a concern…

unless you make over 50% returns for over 7 years for your many off-C2 subs, are the President of an Institute, and are Chief Trader. Then you might want to give something back…

Index, which C2 systems would you consider good/interesting?

Calling yourself Index or RCanfield or TraderZones, parading yourself as a past employee of an investment bank (I bet those toilets were kept really clean), you sure do not know much - especially in how to make a point. Give it a rest you ranting lunatic!

Regards,

Gilbert

Here, make yourself useful old man and critique the worst points of this system. . .if you can, lol. After all (I’m beginning to hear the sound of crickets) you have had over 20 years analyzing systems!!!

[LINKSYSTEM_30763562]

Terrific thread.

I come from a computer back ground, working in the industry since my youth, recently retired from that industry.

I am finding out that it is my aspiration to create successful trading system(s), as discretionary trading is so very challenging as we all know.

I am a market timer, as well as a trend follower.

Trading is now where I plan to secure my retirement through direct access management of my accounts, as well as in the development of trading systems to offer to the public that can prove to generate consistent favorable results over a period of time.

I am here at C2 to have those trades documented / audited to show the validity of what I am trying to accomplish.

Aspire Trader

For people that want systems with mechanical trading rules validated by third parties - go to Futures Truth. Pay your $X,000 and you might get something that works for a while.

As for C2, as long as the website is set up for high flyers trying to make 1000’s % gains every year then there will be plenty of traders willing to try. The problem with this is that they draw in the subscribers, they lose their money and then leave. Those system traders trying to trade conservatively with reasonable margins probably don’t get their subscribers through C2.

"I’d really like to know a little more mainly about the subscriber base, i.e. who are you and why are you here? "

I live in the Netherlands, I teach statistics to psychology students and students artificial intelligence, and I am a statistical consultant for some research companies.

"I’m a “joe six pack” per Palin’s description"

I have no idea what a “joe six pack” is, but “six pack” is certainly not a term that people would use to describe the area below my chest.

"It seems like some of you have exotic accounts and perhaps invest professionally for a living."

I have an IB account. I also have a trading account in the Netherlands, but I hardly use it because the commissions are 10 times more than at IB.

"And if you subscribe to systems, are you doing so to invest other people’s money or your own?"

My own money.

"In other words, are the subscription fees and commissions a business expense or subtracted directly from your client accounts?"

They are subtracted from my account. Do you suggest that there is a possibility to prevent that?

"And in a general range, how large of investment are you controlling?"

About 20k. So futures are out of my league.

"How much is too much to pay for a trading system?"

More than $150 would be too much, generally speaking. $100 would be OK for an old system like extreme-os. For young systems more like $50 max.

"What are your goals and why do you come here?"

I want to become rich, or at least have the dream that it might happen one day. Probably the same reason why other people buy lottery tickets. Hopefully less futile though.

"Why not just make up your own system?"

Sometimes I try that, but I don’t have enough time to do that seriously. I spend too much time behind my computer already. Like now, I should rather walk my dog instead of sitting here again… Also, I hesitate to invest a lot of money and time in getting data and software platforms like Metatrader / Wealthlab (? just heard some names, I have no idea what they are).

I thought it was worth commenting about in another thread about subscription fees, Jules.

having diff IDs at C2 and ET is bad? Paysense/GA???

unlike you, I did work for 2 investment banks. I also worked for 2 major insurance companies, a major telco, and a couple major software firms, I also consulted for about 10 companies I do not need to lie as you feel the need to do. You wouldn’t have the first clue about the internal operations of an IB. I worked in Equity Derivatives, IT, prime brokerage, etc.

I have major stacks of the deliverables from these places sitting in my closet.

The worst part of your systems, are the fact that you feel compelled to misrepresent, lie, etc. C2 is about documentation, testing, truth. That is why we have stats, equity curves, and the other excellent stuff presented by Matthew. Many have contributed. Some have tried to finagle and work around the ethos of this site (7 years, >50% returns, real subs, Chief Trader, President of an Institute - you know the type…)

Truthfully, I feel more sorry for you than angry at you.

Did you intend to post here, Ross?

hehe I’m nobody from nowhere with 0 years of trading exp.

Eu

I’m a “nobody”, that go lucky to have 100% return from ALL systems opened at “truthful” C2 in the last 1.5 years.

I have a website - so yeah I am that bad, bad guy.

Oh and even worse, I keep a good attitude. Don’t you hate that? (Many do I guess).

AAARRRrrrrgggghhhhh!!! (ROTFLMAO) HardyHarrHarrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ok, I admit it wasn’t that funny - so calm down, Ross.

gA

[LINKSYSTEM_31082140]

OOoohhhh! (good system advertised) now go MAD Ross!!!

was that wrong? am I bad? i am making him foam, right? it is my fault. i’m wrong and bad.

[LINKSYSTEM_30873120] - closing soon!

This response to Gilbert’s response. Do you have him on ignore?