Autotrade management

How do I stop C2 auto trade opening new positions in which the trade has already moved into profit ( and thus less likely to make a profit at best or possible loss) and have a function for opening only if open trade is negative?

You probably don’t want to hear this but as a system creator I wouldn’t meddle with a system. If you meddle with a system you will most likely not do as well over the long term. A lot of people on C2 lose money despite the fact trading is automated in generally profitable systems. All people have to do is leave subscribed systems alone to operate, yet somehow humans find it difficult to do that. I can guarantee you are smarter than some automated system, and you probably have a wider view of the market than the system, etc… however that doesn’t mean you will perform better than the system. In reality it usually means you will perform worse.

You’re paying someone to manage the trade, let them do what you are paying them to do. Your account balance will thank you for it.

As for your comment that adding to a trade that is already profitable is a bad idea, that’s simply wrong. Many kinds of trades have a higher expectation when added to after they have gone up somewhat; also many sorts of trades will have a reduced expectation if added to after they have fallen. Unless you’ve done the testing you cannot make the general statement you are making.

1 Like

Hi David thanks for your reply and I agree with you totally re leaving the auto trade to do its thing, however you have misunderstood my questions, so let me rephrase:)

IF a provider has opened a trade which has moved nicely into profit and I subscribe to system at the same time; at best I am only going to get a part of the profit or a possible loss. Is there away to hold the entry until the next new trade is opened;
or do we have to wait and watch until all open trades close out?

Oh, I see. Big difference. I would like that feature too! LOL

Peter, when you subscribe to a system you intend to auto trade C2 asks whether or not you want to join trades in progress. If you answer no then C2 places a sync filter on each open system trade to prevent it from being opened while it is an active trade.

Thereafter, if you decide you want to take an existing trade, such as the example you give in which one is a negative or loss, you only need to go to the auto trade control panel, click on the Advanced: Sync Manager gear icon, find the trade’s symbol, and click to remove the sync filter. It can sometimes take up to 10 minutes but C2 will open a trade in the symbol you have chosen.

5 Likes