Autotrading: positions larger than they should be

Matthew, have you had any progress with this sync bug:

I’ve subscribed to “Look at value” with 100% scaling and my positions are bigger than they should be. E.g. I’m 133 short stock DD when I should be 100 short. Francis (TradeBullet) has confirmed this is a C2 bug.

thanks,

- Panu

The problem seems to occur when part of the position has been closed. The system was originally 200 short DD and has bought to cover 100. The positions that have not been partially closed seem to be OK.

- Panu

Panu - this is a known issue with old Gen1 AutoTrading clients which seems to occur when trades are legged into and out of in some cases. (But not all cases, which is why the problem is so peculiar.) It’s in the bug database and I hope to fix it soon. I’ll try to keep you posted. I know it’s obviously a very important issue.

Matthew

I am curious, Matthew. a few weeks ago I thought you said you were going to roll out some interesting new updates and functionality to C2.

Is it subtle or did we somehow miss noticing it???

Alas, the planned site updates are running behind schedule. But your post has given me a great idea, Index. Perhaps I should simply declare that major changes have been made, but that they are so subtle and brilliant, users cannot actually see them. I think I’ll try that for our next release. It would certainly be easier than actually writing new software.

Reminds me of the comic skit once on TV. A town realized they could save a lot of public works money as follows.

Rather than actually doing road work, the town has some construction vehicles, signs, orange traffic cones and recordings of work. Plus some mannequins dressed in construction clothes.

so each week, the town would move the whole setup to different parts roads, making people think they were actually doing work, when in actuality, the town leaders were using the money to travel the world and spruce up their homes and bank accounts.

Hi,

this sounds very obvious but why don’t you use the same code for Gen1 that you use for Gen3 to generate position list for the sync feature? If I understood correctly this works in Gen3.

- Panu

Come on, Chicago has been there, done that already.

grin

–Mike