"Buy/Sell Churn Throttle Exceeded"

Hello,

I am quite new to C2. I began trying the API. As part of technical test of my automated framework, I have a simple script that does stop and reverse every 5 minutes. (ie sequence of signals could be Buy, Sell and short after 5 minutes, cover and buy after another 5 minutes and so on i.e I have two signals at the end of every 5 minutes) I am noticing that I am getting throttling errors as responses to my submit signals. I tried putting a delay of 1 second btween the stop and reverse signals but that also does not solve the problem.
All signals were market orders. One point to note is that the first few signals goes through without any problem before the throttle error shows up
Could anybody please guide me how to prevent this error?

Thanks

Throttle Errors are a safety precaution build into C2. The goal is to catch and prevent badly-designed software from accidentally overtrading, causing harm to subscribers. Basically, it works like this: Each time you submit a signal to C2, C2 will check to see if a buy/sell throttle is exceeded. Throttles are exceeded when:

1. you issue large numbers of buy/sell transactions that tend to cancel each other out over various timeframes
  2. you issue large number of transactions for one particular symbol

If you are engaging in software testing and you run into a throttle error, change the symbol you are using to test (i.e. switch from BUY AAPL to BUY MSFT, or from EURUSD to USDJPY, etc.)

MK