C2 Crypto Margin

When C2 announced free trials of crypto only strategies I thought I would give it a try. My intent was just to create a strategy to track a buy and hold of the market weight at that time. I wasn’t going to charge for it - just wanted create a track record of what would have happened that I could look back on years later. It seems to me that each time the strategy drops from the market crash that the strategy gets a margin call even though I didn’t intend to use any margin. I don’t think either of the margin calls should have happened but I could certainly be wrong. I may not be taking into account the correct amount of commissions etc. Anyways, originally I bought 7.62 BTC, 68.95 ETH, 24 BCH, and 155 LTC. The cost basis of those should have been $99,536 according to the recorded transactions and I started the strategy with $100,000. The fee is $0 so that shouldn’t drag on it but I know there is a simulated $49 fee each month applied to strategies for autotrade. That should give me about 9 months before needing to sell to cover autotrade commissions. After the first margin call that sold bitcoin I bought more bitcoin with a quantity of 5. Now another margin call just happened again on ETH and it seems like I really must be missing something or the crypto strategy rules has something unique. Any thoughts?

It just happened to me also so it seems like there is a glitch.

1 Like