The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

C2 Crypto Margin

When C2 announced free trials of crypto only strategies I thought I would give it a try. My intent was just to create a strategy to track a buy and hold of the market weight at that time. I wasn’t going to charge for it - just wanted create a track record of what would have happened that I could look back on years later. It seems to me that each time the strategy drops from the market crash that the strategy gets a margin call even though I didn’t intend to use any margin. I don’t think either of the margin calls should have happened but I could certainly be wrong. I may not be taking into account the correct amount of commissions etc. Anyways, originally I bought 7.62 BTC, 68.95 ETH, 24 BCH, and 155 LTC. The cost basis of those should have been $99,536 according to the recorded transactions and I started the strategy with $100,000. The fee is $0 so that shouldn’t drag on it but I know there is a simulated $49 fee each month applied to strategies for autotrade. That should give me about 9 months before needing to sell to cover autotrade commissions. After the first margin call that sold bitcoin I bought more bitcoin with a quantity of 5. Now another margin call just happened again on ETH and it seems like I really must be missing something or the crypto strategy rules has something unique. Any thoughts?

It just happened to me also so it seems like there is a glitch.