The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Simualted margin calls

I have two strategies that have been getting simulated margin calls and closing positions, even though my trades don’t use margin.

These have force-closed my positions and cost me and my subs tens of thousands of dollars. I also have a strategy that is reporting -10% for the month of March even though C2 is reporting no trades for the month.

I can’t get any explanation and have no idea why there are so many bugs lately. Anyone have any insight???

Hi @Jay_Wolberg, you need to be more specific like which strategy, instrument and what day/time you are getting the margin calls in order for someone to help you.

Also, I am pretty sure that any trades executed will require margin (cash) since you can’t trade with unlimited contracts/shares etc. as each product will have their own specifications.

Are you aware of the margins for the products/instruments you are trading?

Hope this helps.

Hi, Jay -

We’re looking into this. We’ll communicate via the help desk.

Interesting. I was always thinking that C2 auto-generated margin call is more informational then real thing. I’ve seen it several times on futures systems but didn’t notice any influence on open positions.

the system sold all my VXX position because of this “fake” signal and of course it was sold at the worst momento, when it was very down.
How are you planning to solve this situation C2?

Jay will re-open the position.

I have the same problem reported earlier with a wrong simulated margin call alert stating that the current open positions will be closed at 13:16 (Eastern USA).

The system is:

I have sent also an email to the technical support but just in case…