c2ds api

Hello,

We have a customer in the web publishing business who is considering developing a site that will highlight and compare various trading systems available on the web. It seems that the C2DS API would provide access to the performance data (e.g., returns, Sharpe rations, drawdowns, etc.) of the C2 systems available so that this data could be automatically obtained by a web server. Is my understanding of this API correct?

Let’s say that a custom screen was developed to try to identify the best systems on C2. Would the program need to query the stats of all 20,000 systems available in order to run this screen, or is there a way to use the API to filter the systems being queried (similar to The Grid)?

Lastly, I noticed the API had not been updated since 2008. Is this API still actively supported?

Thanks.

Gary Lynn

NeuroDimension, Inc.

Yes, the data services API would do the trick and yes it is still supported.

As of this moment, the only way to “find” systems (i.e. best systems) is to cycle through them. It is obviously nuts, and at least some minimal parameter filtering is required. I’ll work on that and hopefully have a solution in the next week or so.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Based on this response, I will let our customer know that the C2DS API looks to be a viable option for him (once the filtering enhancement is made). Please don’t rush on the enhancement just for us – it will likely be a few weeks before the coding process would begin and right now he’s just wanting to figure out what is feasible. However, based on the 2/28/13 posts of the “C2 Score” thread of this forum, it seems as though others might find this filtering enhancement useful as well.

Gary