Customize order entry page

I would like to ask you to provide a little customization of the order entry page. For me the most important thing would be to be able to set the stock symbols I wish to trade. I keep getting the browser putting in something other than I intended, with a data entry error. Its happened to me at least three times, and its driving me Krazy.

It would also be nice to be able to preset ‘futures’ in place of stocks. I keep forgetting to get this right.

I understand the request to make “futures” the default trading instrument instead of stocks.

But what do you mean in your first request? You want a set of common stock symbols? Or a list of symbols you have recently traded? Or something else? (Also, I didn’t quite understand what you meant when you said “I keep getting the browser putting in something other than I intended”.)

I don’t mean to be difficult; I simply want to fully understand user requests before acting on them.

And I appreciate your taking the time to suggest changes. Such suggestions are most welcome!

Matthew

I would like to be able to define the symbols I want to trade (In my case its only one symbol, the ES )

With your current set up, my browser ( IE ) remembers all the items I have ever entered in the list, and sometimes in my hurry to get an order off, the symbol gets changed and its not what I intended. If I could set the list myself, at least it would be a valid symbol.

Matthew,

What I want is to be able to make a portfolio of the instruments I trade. Then I can more easily pick out the one I want.