Faster Forex Trade Entry

I’ve re-designed the order entry screen, to make it a bit “smarter” and faster, particularly for Forex trading.

The main changes are:

1) Common forex pairs are available as 1-click buttons – no need to “build” a pair one currency at a time.

2) The order entry screen remembers your last trade entry. If you traded a future last time, a future will be pre-selected the next time you open the trading screen. If you made a GTC order last time, then the next order will start as GTC. For forex trading, quantity is remembered, too. But I purposefully did not build quantity memory for other types of trading.

3) I now allow you to “hide” the ‘Recent Trades’ and ‘Alerts’ portion of the trade-entry screen, to allow people who do not use or need this display to reduce screen clutter. Whether these portions are hidden or not should be remembered from trade to trade.

As always, new stuff means new unexpected features. Let me know if something doesn’t work the way you’d like or expect.

Finally, these changes were the results of suggestions by heavy forex users. Although I can’t always get to your suggestion right away, I try my best to get to them eventually, so please keep them coming.

MK

Matthew,

thank you for upgrading the order entry procedure. Much appreciated !

Uwe

My preference is that there be an option for quantity and stock symbol to be remembered in the order entry. Should always give options to make choices with each feature, and not make choices for the user. Again, I suggest that C2 previews changes and additions before an implementation is done. That way it is clear what is preferrd, and that can be offered as options to a feature.

Post the intended change/addition on the board for 48 hours to get feedback.

MK, I agree with what Ewart Reid said "My preference is that there be an option for quantity and stock symbol to be remembered in the order entry. Should always give options to make choices with each feature, and not make choices for the user. "

When I selected the custom pair toggle button and then proceeded to select the currencies that make the custom pair, the page tells me to wait and loads the currencies. But after loading, the toggle which was previously at custom pair, now changes to the pair which I had previously selected in my previous order from one of the majors. And if we did not notice it, this order gets placed for this major pair and not for the custom pair I selected. When we are in a hurry to place orders (quick trade), this might prove to be very costly. Please rectify.