Early version of Instant Trade Messenger (ITM)

A very, very early version of Instant Trade Messenger (ITM) is available for preview. Only subscribers to systems, or systems owners themselves, will be able to receive ITMs for a given system.

ITM is the answer to those people who complain that email takes too long to send signals during the trading day. ITM zaps signals directly into a little window that you can keep open all day, if you like. When a new signal arrives, a little alert plays to tell you to get off your duff.

I wanted to make this preview version available so that I can solicit your comments and feedback.

I am in the process of adding some nifty features (not yet implemented). Like: if the system is a day-trading system, and it is a pay-by-profitable-trade business model, you will be able to “check in” and “check out” of receiving instant trade messenges. You won’t pay for signals when you are away from your computer. (This feature will be enabled at the option of the system vendor, of course.)

Comments and feedback are welcome. You may post them here so that others can respond if appropriate.

Oh, for now, the feature is available through the “Trade Details” page. Later I’ll make it a bit easier to find and access.

Thanks.

Matthew,

Are email alerts currently sent to subscribers from collective2 or from vendors?

If from collective2, will you continue to generate email alerts in addition to ITM alerts? I presume a subscriber who is currently “checked out” of ITM would receive neither ITM alerts nor email alerts.

If email alerts are currently sent to subscribers from vendors, then presumably the vendor would need to be notified every time a subscriber checks in or out of the ITM (assuming the vendor wishes to support the check in/out charging model). I suspect vendors would not be happy the additional admin involved to support this. Perhaps the solution is that vendors who agree to the check in/out charging model should stop sending email alerts directly to subscribers, and just let collective2 handle the delivery of alerts to subscribers on the vendor’s behalf.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Here is the way it will work. (Currently software is being written.)

If you are a vendor, and you offer a “day-trading” system that charges by the trade, you will be able to enable an option called: “Allow ITM-Only Trade Signal Delivery.” ITM stand for Instant Trade Messenger.

The Web site will strongly encourage all system vendors who charge by the trade to allow ITM-Only delivery.

If a vendor allows it, then you as a subscriber can choose to have your signals delivered by ITM only. This means you will not receive real time emails (which are sent by COllective2, by the way, not by the system vendor.) Instead, a trade alert will appear in your ITM window.

Let’s say you are not online, or you have paused your ITM delivery? No problem. The trade does not appear in your window in real-time, and thus you will not be charged for a profitable trade.

Thus the system vendor doesn’t have to administer anything at all. Collective2 determines whether an email should be sent, or whether Instant Trade Messenger should be used. Also, COllective2 - not the system vendor - automatically knows if a subscriber should be charged for a trade (it will know whether the user is online and receiving ITM messenges.)

Incidentally, this applies only to opening trades. For example, let’s say a vendor delivers trade advice that you should buy the S&P while you are logged in to Instant Trade Messenger, and that trade advice suddenly becomes very profitable. You can’t suddenly decide to log off from Instant Trade Messenger, before the advice is given to close the trade, and hope to avoid being charged. You will be charged for any signal to open that is given while you are online.

I hope this makes sense. I should have a very preliminary version of these features running in the next week or so. In the meantime, ITM (Instant Trade Messenger) is available for public previewing, although none of these charge-by-the-trade features are integrated yet.