ES Margins

I am having difficulty placing orders for 4 contracts with a 20k account on ES … I can "trick" it by placing 2, and then 2 more, but it will not allow me to place an order for 4 when theoretically, with day trading margins, I should even be able to trade 8.

Hi Matthew -

Is there a reason I am having difficulty placing orders for 4 contracts w/ ES? It will not allow me to place 4 at a time, but it will allow me to place 2, and after that fills, two more (and I usually have to hit the "reset" button for my system)… So, if I can hold a 4 contract position, why am I having trouble placing 4 at a time?

"So, if I can hold a 4 contract position, why am I having trouble placing 4 at a time?" … or if anyone might have any advice concerning this, I would be grateful.

Astrum -

We’re not currently supporting day-trading margins.

We will probably re-introduce them later, but we need to get in sync with our various broker partners to make sure that we don’t use margins which are not sustainable in real client accounts.

Please try to stay in margin constraints for now. Ill keep you posted on the reintroduction of day-trading margin rates.

Matthew