Expiring GTC stop loss orders - what gives?

I keep having an issue with C2 expiring some of my GTC stop loss orders - it keeps happening without my requesting it (ie. signals with id 88241956, 88264998, 88241906, 88312382 and 88364477 should be probably still active, but from some strange reason they were deactivated by C2). Please stop doing this, or at least explain why I have to re-enter these orders.

Hi, Kevin:

I see what is happening here. Many years ago, when C2 customers used Generation 1 AutoTrading technology, C2 expired any limit and stop orders that remained open in a system but which had been filled in AutoTrader accounts. (This is what is happening to you: you have one AutoTrader who is using a non-C2 Generation 1 AutoTrade program, and he is apparently filling your limits and stops early, before your system does.)

Nowadays, most customers use C2’s own server-based Gen3 AutoTrade technology, and the original logic of expiring orders isn’t necessary. Gen3 AutoTraders automatically stay in sync with your system, and vice-versa. So, based on your feedback, I’ve removed the auto-expiration of orders going forward. It is unnecessary and annoying and counter-productive.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Matthew

Much appreciated, Matt. Thanks.