F eds O penly M anipulating C hristmas

Wow! Talk about a nice turn around. Positions are looking awesome and with only a few days left in the week, I don’t expect trades to retract at all. Current positions are as follows Eur/usd up +0.93%, Gbp/jpy up +0.95%, Gbp/usd up +0.86% and Usd/chf up +0.92%.

Really did play out as I suspected, of coarse rates were not going to be changed, it could have proven too disastrous going into Christmas. The way I see it 'they' want to keep the stock market up so people are in a great mood heading into the stores. Could you have imagined it rates would have been changed? Yeah one can give multiple reasons why rates having changed or not changed could have been good for the economy, but I think if they would have been changed, it would have manifested into instability/ insecurity. The smartest thing 'they' could have done and chose to do is nothing, geniuses. There was prior moves that were happening before FOMC had met, Consumer Price Index (c.p.i.) data was released which was positive for the Usd. C.P.I. excluding food and energy came in better than the previous release, including food and energy the index dropped even more. Obviously this is because oil/ energy had dropped so much, this in turn has dropped the price of manufacturing food. Low oil prices makes it cheaper for everything from farming to then trucking that across the nation, it spills over into everything.

Looking over what happened on a 3 minute chart, I would say zero rate change indicated the Usd financial landscape was fragile, so traders came in selling the Usd (makes sense), volume then dropped off and sellers then came in knowing all the buyers had been flushed out. Pushed the Usd into the stratosphere. Someone real smart would wait for volume from the sellers that had flushed out the buyers to die down, then buy ;)

Strangely enough, the position that I thought was really going to move in our direction actually moved the least, even retracted some. That just goes to show one never knows 100% what is going to happen even when you have the experience and have analyzed the hell out of it.

Continue to hold these positions and we will re-evaluate in a few days to see whether to continue holding them.

Have a good day :slight_smile: