Filling price adjustment

Before the market open I placed order to buy RITT at 7.05 and it was filled. Why did C2 adjust to 7.73? My order is limit order instead of market order, there is no reason to adjust.

BTO 8,000 RITT at limit 7.05 Filled: 7.73 at 7/21/11 9:30 ET

By the way, the 7.73 is the day high price and it happened at 9:37 AM. My order was placed before market open and was originally filled at 9:30AM. It’s jut not fair.

Still no answer?

This is what happens when you trade in the real world as opposed to in fantasy land.

C2 changes the prices displayed on your record to reflect the actual fills received by real-life traders following your advice. What this means is that in the real world, some lucky person got filled at your specified limit price, but unfortunately it wasn’t your subscriber. (Not surprising since only about 200 shares traded at the price you specified; then in the real world, this illiquid stock went from 7.01 to 7.50 in less than a minute). Your subscriber did not fill at the limit, but was converted to a market fill in order to keep him in sync with your system. This is the problem with trading very illiquid stocks. Looks great in demo accounts, not so great in real life.

C2 sent an automated email to you when it changed your price to reflect the real-life fill received by your subscriber.

I disagree.

1. I still did not receive email about the adjustment.

2. I just checked the time/sale. C2 shows the order was filled at 7.73. However, at 9:30AM, there is 10800 shares traded at 7.01(attention, my C2 order is only 8000 shares). At 9:31AM there is 1100 shares traded at 7.01, 1100 shares traded from 7.07 to 7.1, the ask went to 7.07. From 9:30AM to 9:35AM, there are a lot of shares traded below 7.3. So it does not make sense to adjust to 7.73. I don’t know which broker did such a bad job for terrible filling. The broker shoudl be fired.

3. If there is no adjustment, I would have already sold RITT with a good profit. So this trade should be removed from the record.

We are required to display the price actually received by the real-life AutoTrade trading your account. 7.73 is the price he received.

Then the autotrading software or the broker should be fired. After the open, there were more than 10k shares traded at 7.01 and a lot of shares traded under 7.3. It took 7 minutes to execute the order and got filled at the top? Is this an intentional behavoir to trap the investor? It does not make any sense.

People have been telling you this would happen ever since you started your unrealistic system. You laughed at them at the time even though it was clear to many of us that you have never traded with real money.

There is no guarantee your limit order will fill, no matter how many shares trade at that price. If you are behind one or more big orders in the queue, you don’t have a chance. You are competing against the HFT guys who have offices in the Nasdaq building so they can avoid the latency of the internet, let alone the extra latency of C2.

If you traded with real money, you would understand all those facts of life and wouldn’t come here crying about C2.

If you check my trading record, you can see my system did not take advantage of illiquid stock. It is hurt. So my system performance should be better.

7/21/11 9:30 BUY 8,000 RITT 7.73 7/21 13:02 7.02 n/a ($5,839)

7/12/11 15:33 BUY 60,000 CDTI 6.78 7/14 12:26 6.05 Very ($45,000)

6/30/11 14:16 BUY 30,000 RITT 9.03 7/14 12:24 7.37 Very ($50,400)

Prove it. Show us a statement with those (or any other) trades in a real-money account. We will understand if you are trading much smaller than your model account.

I repeat, there is no guarantee that a limit order will be filled no matter how many shares trade at that price.

Sure I am able to show you the real statement. But how much do you want to pay me? My real trading can be much better because C2 is not able to calculate complicated margin such as option spread, portofolio based margin.