The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

fiveHedged - New All-Time High. Fully Hedged

(1) Portfolio is up 6% thru March (fully hedged, pure-alpha, low-risk, max 2x margin).
(2) Breaking new ALL-TIME record high today.

1 Like

Fresh New All-Time High (5 Stocks Long, Fully Hedged by Long RWM)…

What happened to your other strategy, is it still around?

The fiveHedged “all-market” strategy was updated recently (see earlier posts) to provide better liquidity (lower turnover, and hence lower slippage), without changing the key fundamental/technical stock-selection rules. Instead of selling/buying all five stocks on Monday, the strat now averages around 2 stock swaps, hence allows much improved liquidity/low-slippage.

The results are significantly superior, both in backtests since Jan 2008, and live-trades here on C2 (since early Feb).

The slippage issue was a concern for some traders, which is why I wanted to focus on that issue, and consolidate to just one strategy. Having improved on the slippage issue [significantly] there is no longer a need to limit the universe to S&P stocks (which was the fiveLIQUID strategy, for which I am no longer taking any subs), hence I am running with 100% focus on only the one strat (fiveHedged):

All 5 stocks up today…

Back to C2 Platform