Free Autotrading Question

Is it possible to offer a system for free auto trading, but only if the subscriber opens his/her account with a minimum of "X" dollars?

Can we set minimum capital requirements for "free" systems?

Respectfully

I would imagine you are seriously violating the CFTC rules about being a general publisher of information if you start monkeying around with knowledge of individual subscriber accounts or start laying requirements on their use of them.

SERIOUSLY violating. You are allowed to publish signals. You are allowed to be paid by people for your signals. You are allowed to explain your signals or your philosophy. But unless you are a CTA/RIA, you are not permitted in any way to confer with, offer specialized advice or anything else about individual use of those signals.

That is the domain of managed funds or possibly brokers.

Thats fine with me.

But that being the case it just doesn’t make sense to offer “free” trading for a Forex acct for example.

Now lets face it, the average subscriber here is opening these accounts with no more than $10,000. max,!!! and thats the exception,imo… with most being micro sub $5000-$2500 accounts.

That being the case, using proper MM , you could figure lets say 20 trades a week, lets round up to 100 per month. If their average trade, with proper MM, is say…$6000…which is high.

So 100X$6000 = 600,000 Total monthly volume…you know what a 1/2 pip is worth $30.

I am seriously thinking about dropping the free feature. I 've had 2 subs, one canceled after 1 day on a demo, the other still hasn’t setup anything in the last 3 weeks

FB

No, that is not going to happen, due the regulatory issues mentioned in this thread.

"I 've had 2 subs, one canceled after 1 day on a demo, the other still hasn’t setup anything in the last 3 weeks "

You have 2 systems, less than a month old, that have basically gone sideways.

This is your only problem and issue with subs.

Touche