Futures broker, need advice

If anyone has any comments about these futures brokers, please share. I’m not interested in rumors, only first hand experiences and facts. I assume these three are the only choices for futures at the moment.

Open E Cry – I can only see an option to select a demo trading account for this firm in the Autotrading broker choices menu (???)

OptionsXPress - I suppose the advantage of this one is I can also use it down the track if I subscribe to a stock system.

FuturesBetting – Need to be non US to use this which is OK for me.

That is not really C2’s profile. If you want to read reviews, go to Elitetrader.com, there is a review section of brokerages, softwares, books there with feedbacks gallore…

I think people’s experiences with brokers compatible with Autotrading are entirely relevant. Once again I welcome any feedback from anyone.

Perhaps this forum could use a general discussion section? At the moment there only seems be one section which is intented for site specific feedback and 50 sections on specific trading systems.

Pedro - Is there a reason you want to prevent others from learning relevant things here on C2, such as how particular auto-trade brokers work with C2?

I notice that in several different threads you seem to reply with a less than useful answer. Is this going to be your modus operandi here on C2?

I’ve been using Interactive Brokers for a few years and Open E Cry since January.

IB has terrible customer support (was on hold for over an hour on 3 different occasions), but has a very flexible online interface. Web help can be difficult to navigate - and it has the annoying habit of ‘stealing’ an open web instance when you access any help feature. (ie - if you have C2 open and try to access any IB web feature, you’ll find IB occupying the window where C2 formerly was) But the biggest problem with IB for me is that they don’t handle any pit contracts. They do carry most of the electronic equivalents, but volume is often thin in many of those markets.

Open E Cry has excellent customer support either via phone or a chat feature that is part of their internet platform - OECTrader. The people are friendly and actually seem like they want your business, unlike many online brokerages. OECTrader works well and is simple/intuitive, but not quite as good as IB, IMHO. OEC handles pit contracts. I got a special commission rate that they were offering at the beginning of the year, but I don’t know what their present rates are. Also, C2 autotrading seems quite stable with OEC at present. No affiliation, just a happy camper.

Hans.

Hans, thanks for the feedback. Do you know what gives with the OEC Autrotrading choices dropdown? It only lists OEC for demo trading…

Whether a broker offers "demo trading" (that is, a free simulated trading account) is a decision made by each broker. C2 does not determine whether a broker offers demo accounts. The broker does. Open E Cry (OEC) very generously allows free demo/simulation accounts, which is why you see the choice in the drop down menu.

EH??? [dumbfounded]

I pointed him into the direction of information! There is no such an info here on C2! I don’t mind or care if people want to post such, (seeing the low postcount he has to wait for weeks until he gets enough info) but if you didn’t notice, the C2 board are not exactly the treasury of informations. So why not go to a website where the SAME information already exists?

And please don’t even start me on the relevancy of my previous posts because I bite your head off…

EH??? [dumbfounded]

I pointed him into the direction of information! There is no such an info here on C2! I don’t mind or care if people want to post such, (seeing the low postcount he has to wait for weeks until he gets enough info) but if you didn’t notice, the C2 board are not exactly the treasury of informations. So why not go to a website where the SAME information already exists?

And please don’t even start me on the relevancy of my previous posts because I bite your head off…

You didn’t “pointed him into the direction of information” as you claim. His question was about auto-trading using C2. Telling him to leave C2 and go to an unrelated site isn’t going to answer his question.

"And please don’t even start me on the relevancy of my previous posts because I bite your head off…"

You can barely speak… much less bite. Now go back to your corner and behave.

Not entirely sure I follow. For FXCM, there are 2 dropdown options for autotrading, 1 for demo and 1 for live. I assume you only choose ‘live’ if you want to trade a real account. But for OEC there is only a demo option, no live option…do I just pick demo even if I set up a live account with OEC?

That was a bug that cropped up for a day or so, but has now (I believe) been solved. If you look at the drop down menu now, you should see both Open E Cry (Live) and Open E Cry (Demo). If you do not, please let me know.