How to promote your strategy?

Hi @GokuBlack ,

Your post sparked some curiosity in me and I would like to understand more about the C2 Star certification and I have a few questions that I would like to clarify:

1- What’s the minimum system age to be certified?
2- If my account has 30.000USD in stocks and 20.000USD in cash, for the closed trade metric, what is the value used, 30.000USD or 50.000USD?
a. If it is 50.000USD it means that if I close a stock position worth 500USD, I am closing 1%? Or because C2 considers 50% margin usage I am only closing 0,5%?
b. If my strategy is younger than 60 days I need to close positions with at least 2.500USD value? Or 5.000USD if considering 50% margin usage?
3- For the open loss metrics, this is for total account value (stock + cash) or by position?
a. If I have 30.000USD in stocks and 20.000USd in cash the denominator will be 30.000USD or 20.000USD?
b. Can I have loss in a position greater than 5% as long as the sum of my open positions do not represent more than 5% of my equity?
4- The maximum equity of drawdown (5.000USD) it is valid only for each period of C2 Star certification? If I have lost the C2 Star certification today because of this criteria, and all the other parameters are alright, can I get certified again tomorrow?
5- Do we have any kind of Dashboard to follow how is our strategy doing regarding the C2 Star certification program?

Unfortunately I do not have an answer for most of those questions because I have not created a strategy for the C2 Star program yet. I know that the strategy needs to be at least 60 days old to be considered since it needs to beat the SP500 by at least 1% over a 60 day rolling window.

I’d suggest reading the program requirements in more detail, searching the forum for similar questions, and if you’re still confused, break those questions up and ask 1 or 2 questions per post on the forum until you get them answered.

1 Like

Ok. The good news is that I got a reply from the help desk, and the only question that I still have is how old needs a system to be to get C2 Star certification. Is it 60 days?

I asked them permission to publish here their answers. Since they haven’t said no and more than 24h have passed here it is:
Q1- What’s the minimum system age to be certified?

Only new strategies can be entered.

Q2- If my account has 30.000USD in stocks and 20.000USD in cash, for the closed trade metric, what is the value used, 30.000USD or 50.000USD?

a. If it is 50.000USD it means that if I close a stock position worth 500USD, I am closing 1%? Or because C2 considers 50% margin usage I am only closing 0,5%?

It’s a % of total capital

b. If my strategy is younger than 60 days I need to close positions with at least 2.500USD value? Or 5.000USD if considering 50% margin usage?

$5000. We use the capital deployed https://collective2.com/c2star/minimum-capital-deployment

Q3- For the open loss metrics, this is for total account value (stock + cash) or by position?

a. If I have 30.000USD in stocks and 20.000USd in cash the denominator will be 30.000USD or 20.000USD?

It’s simply the total loss of all open positions against your total equity

Q4- The maximum equity drawdown (5.000USD) it is valid only for each period of C2 Star certification? If I have lost the C2 Star certification today because of this criteria, and all the other parameters are alright, can I get certified again tomorrow?

Once you violate one of the risk criteria you are out of the program and would need to apply again with a new strategy

Q5- Do we have any kind of Dashboard to follow how is our strategy doing regarding the C2 Star certification program?

Yes, if you click on the star next to your Strategy name it will display the current status of all your metrics

Q6- How is the revenue calculated and paid?

a. If I lose the certification on day 20 of my certification do I receive 2/3 of the 1.000USD guaranteed?

yes, you are paid for every minute you are certified, so you would get 2/3 for that 30 day period.

b. What happens to the subscriptions fees? Will I receive 75% of subscriptions fee from day 1 to 20 and 50% from day 20 to 30?

Yes, it becomes a regular strategy and will receive 50%.

I think that my strategy would not survive long. First because I play for the medium long term, thus I don’t close trades every week, so the capital deployment rule is hard for me, even more so because they consider that we are always investing with margin. So when I close a 1000USD positions it only counts as 500USD capital deployment!

If C2 would clearly write all the C2 Star rules, I think it would be easier for traders like me to try it out. But I don’t want to spend the 200USD and not getting the certification because I did not know all the rules. Or, even better, if for each strategy the owner could have an indicator if his/her strategy fulfills all the C2 Star criteria, maybe more traders would apply… Just an idea Mathew :slight_smile:

You are probably overthinking this. If your strategy has good risk adjusted returns, you will get subscribers. Don’t worry about C2 Star stuff. All that matters is the returns. Less time on the forums, more time on your investments.

End of story.

9 Likes

Having a strategy with performance like mine usually helps. I am on my way to $100k.

In my live account I have very similar results. You have 59,1% of annualized return and I have 52,84%.

If your system price is 29USD, how many subscribers do you have to be on your way to$100K? I guess it must be from your live account, and not from C2 subscriptions, right?

Similar to mine? how so? What metric are you looking at?? I see 9% annualized return… And your strategy isn’t even a month old. If you want to compare on a month to month basis, sure lets do that. My return was 29% for November. How similar are the results now??

Hi Greg,

I didn’t want to offend you. I am sorry if I did. I compared the Annualized return of your strategy, taken from the statistics page, with my annualized return from my LIVE account, not the one that is visible in C2. In C2, because my system is only 20 days old, and because I had an excellent November, my annualized return is an unreal 262.6% :smiley:

The only thing that I have to show is what I have been documenting in Yahoo Finance

I am paying the basic plan here in C2 exactly to have a trading record that I will be able to share with potential investors.

I am not offended but I was just questioning the accuracy of that message. Thanks for clearing that up. Those are great looking returns. Not to mention great timing to start right after the market crash :+1:

With the drawdown larger than 50% your strategy will be interesting to you only. Unless you show annual return of 200%+ .

5 Likes

Actually, most people got wiped out during the meltdown and conveniently started a new account AFTER it happened. If you want to compare apples to apples, I performed better than all of them after March.

…Not to mention my subs are happy with my performance too

After you prove that

we can discuss this.

Returning to apples to apples comparison. There is at least 55 more strategies survived so called meltdown. Yours is on 19th place by annual return and on 53rd pace by calmar ratio (which is roughly risk-reward).

2 Likes

They didn’t participate in that 50% drawdown event since joined only now.

Unfortunately they didn’t participate in the 200% upside either :pensive:

The C2 stats show the system has only 1 autotrader.

The market meltdown was the reason why I thought about starting to share my strategy here in C2. I couldn’t believe there were so many people dumping good stocks. I grabbed all that I could, and even bought on margin when I started to have the confirmation that the blood bath was done. :smiley: I started to realize that there are many people trading the markets without a clue, and that my experience might be worth something.

I started trading in 2005, so I already had my ups and downs, but always survived to tell the story. But this time I not only did not sell, but I bought as much as I could. If I have started to document here all my trades since 2005 I bet I would be seated in quite a big pile of money that did not come from my day job or trading.

My results this week:

I am too tired too wait for the market close, but I guess it won’t change much from here.

I wish you all a great weekend

If any investors are reading this thread I wonder what annual return expectations would they have to accept a 50% draw down…