The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

IB doesnt allow SVXY in IRA

ever since $XIV is gone, $SVXY is the alternative. But Interactive Broker doesnt all $SVXY to be traded in IRA. anybody got any suggestion for a VIX strategy for IRA ?

There is another thread on here where VMIN was the consensus replacement for IRA’s at IB.

@TroyFreeman is right, for now at least VMIN seems the one for IB IRA accounts (while the short vol landscape adjusts to the tsunami that swamped it). I use IB IRA to run one of my vol strats here. VMIN prospectus says they’re likely to change to a more mid-term futures strategy (like 2-6 months, akin to the 4-7 months of ZIV) but probably not until April 25, and even then there are so many caveats in their wording that it seems likely to be an actively managed short vol fund, rather than something following a published index like SVXY. I hope it remains a pure short vol fund at least, and not the strange morphing beast that XIVH has shown itself to be (now that volatility has returned to the market). I think it unlikely we’ll see the return of a -1x short-term vol fund any time soon, despite investor demand for it.

VIXTrader IRA can be traded in an IRA. So can Smart Volatility IRA.

So far VIXTrader IRA is only trading SPX levered index funds, according to the released trades, SSO and UPRO, so no help there. And @DavidJuday has only traded VXX and VXX options since XIV died, so we don’t have any advice there yet either on inverse vol funds to use for a long ETP with short vol exposure. I think that was @OSUTAI 's question, rather than opinions on which C2 vol strategy to invest with.

VIXTrader IRA doesnt really trade vix tho

Hi, Smart Volatility IRA will continue to be IRA friendly and will continue to be transmitted from my own IRA account. ZIV will be the primary instrument used to get short volatility exposure (which it currently has an open position in). XIVH and VMIN may be used as secondary instruments depending on how each of them develops in composition and liquidity over the next few months. I hope that helps!

Thanks, David.

VIXTrader IRA trade the fear/optimism of the market… UPRO and SPXU are just the vehicles… This is the closest option to VIXTrader… A very good option :slight_smile:

I agree. There are very interesting and profitable strategies with this type of ETFs. As always, these strategies must have an adequate risk management. However, it can be a good component in any portfolio.