Info about System Downtime/Sluggishness

I want to apologize for the system outage this morning. We have a tremendous number of new users (good), and our current hardware is being overwhelmed (bad).

I am working with my hosting provider to upgrade the servers that Collective2 uses. This is a project that may take several days. I will keep you all informed about the status. In the meantime, the site will remain sluggish, although I am tweaking the software to try to keep the user experience bearable during this transition period.

Thank you for staying with me during this frustrating period. Hopefully, once the server hardware is upgraded, we will have the best of all worlds: tons of new users, lots of great trading systems, and a fast and pleasant site. Hang in there…

Thanks again,

Matthew

Hi Matthew:

I’m sure the traffic at this site is increasing exponentially. It’s good to be able to handle it, but it’s understandable that upgrades will be needed. It’s bad short term, but it also shows that C2 is a success.

About the thing with paypal… In the beginning the procedure was to have payments mailed to a person and an address that system creators gave you. Is this still possible, for perhaps some added fee amount in order to have you do this? If so, I would like to pay you what is required to have you do this. With 500 or more systems I realize this would be some trouble if many users wanted to have it handled this way, but PayPal also charges a fee.

I know a lot of people use paypal, but using paypal requires giving them a lot of person information like checking account numbers, and with what we have seen happen with companies like ChoicePoint, this kind of information isn’t always secure.

Also, is there a chance that you might sell C2 to a large brokerage firm, or to some other person or group? Of course C2 probably becomes more valuable as the traffic and the use of it increases.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan:

Let’s take the paypal issue off-line and see if we can figure something out via email. In general, I really need to use paypal to pay System Developers their subscriptions because it allows automated payments. As you know, Collective2 is a small company, and I need to automate everything I can in order to keep the company running smoothly.

Regarding my selling Collective2 to another firm, although you can never say never, nothing is imminent and such an event seems quite unlikely. Besides, I’m having too much fun dealing with server crashes and angry users who WRITE ME EMAIL WITHOUT PUNCTUATION AND USING ONLY CAPITAL LETTERS

Matthew

Hi again Matthew:

I understand why you need to use something like PayPal to handle that part of your business, but I would prefer to just keep it simple, and since PayPal charges a fee for what they do I think it would be alright to just pay you an extra fee for your trouble than pay the fee to PayPal. Other system developers might also prefer this option to keep their checking account numbers from going into a database. With a checking account number it’s the same as giving somebody, or a company, easy access, and electronic transfers of funds are unregulated right now for the most part. That is, financial institutions usually can’t refuse to comply with requests for electronic transfers of funds.

About the C2 web site: A lot of people still don’t know that C2 exists, but most intelligent investors are very impressed after they visit the web site and check it out. I have done a little promotion of the web site myself, in my own way, and I’m sure that I could bring a lot more traffic over here, but for now I think it might be better to hold off on that until you get your servers upgraded to be able to handle the traffic.

C2 works exactly like the market, thanks to your work, so people will get angry and frustrated, but I don’t think they can blame C2. Trading successfully isn’t easy.

C2 is a great way for investors to get help to make profitable trades, and you have a lot of very smart investors over here. Most of the investors I have talked to are very impressed that so many different instruments can be traded here, long or short.

The monetary value of C2 is probably pretty high, and it will just be worth more after your servers are upgraded and more system developers sign up. It will probably be worth several million dollars at some point, and it probably already is. If you get an offer you can’t refuse, please stay around and continue to run the show over here.

If you leave C2 is toast because how could anybody else write and maintain a computer program like you have at C2? Being an engineer myself…, I realize how hard it had to be to do what you have done. I just say that you have to be a genius. Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan - Thanks for calling me a “genius.” On a completely unrelated matter, I have fixed all your trades to make them highly profitable. Best regards - MK

Ryan - Thanks for calling me a “genius.” On a completely unrelated matter, I have fixed all your trades to make them highly profitable. Best regards - MK