Investment Strategy

My trading system involves buying stocks (long) to sell call option contracts (short) on a share-by-share basis, hence a covered call strategy.

Does the C2 platform allow for tracking this fund type?

I don’t see why not. A buy/write is two positions, each of which is tracked by the system. There is nothing particularly complicated about the transaction or record keeping.

Two questions for my esteemed (and perhaps some not so esteemed;) colleagues. (FYI, DL thx for your refferal to C2, paysense)

(1) Mr Eu New…seems you may shed some light on my curiosity. Does a good subscribership following range, for a good system at a good price, in the 25-100 area after 1-2 years? Perhaps this is too conservative or perhaps this is grandiose!

(2) Extreme-os results are quite impressive. It impeccably handled last summer’s correction and the Feb '07 fallout. Then why isn’t the system approach continuous? And prehaps this is answered in the RS thread, if so pardon me. Let me clarify. The first 7 months (or so) the system doubled in value. The next doubling period was a bit longer about 10 months or so. Why would there be comparativley little expansion ytd 2007 (~5%)?

Any help is welcomed.

Gilbert

Gilbert,

I think extreme-os is a very good and consistent system, but returns after slippage are lower than what you see in the statistics. See my “My Analyst” page and blog for real-world results. The system also used more leverage until last summer, so that might explain why profits were higher in the first year. For the rest, I think it’s worth contacting the vendor directly, as he is usually very responsive.

Mr Eu New…seems you may shed some light on my curiosity. Does a good subscribership following range, for a good system at a good price, in the 25-100 area after 1-2 years?

I wouldn’t :wink: I don’t like any dot com around trading guys that are coming to C2.

Eu

P.S. If anybody is interested, just search “.com” in system name at C2 and compare C2’s results with the website. lol

Eu. What are you saying? I’m talking about the number of subscibers a good system can expect to attract. I’m not comparing systems. You may be right. Since I have a “dot com” business I may fail at C2.

I completely understand if you don’t wish to divulge the amount of business that you’ve attracted. But an accurate acccount of approximate numbers would be appreciated. Gilbert

Eu. What are you saying?

Nonsense as usual :wink:

I’m talking about the number of subscibers a good system can expect to attract.

I’m talking about useless dot com around trading services.

Since I have a “dot com” business I may fail at C2.

Current rate of failing dot com around trading is ~97% at C2. Please excuse my ignorance. With .97 you’ll fail by C2 stats :wink:

But an accurate acccount of approximate numbers would be appreciated.

~ $100 isn’t big deal to figure it out. Pay it and have the stats lol

Eu